Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 05-13-2009 at 5:52pm
I think Liddell is such a good wrestler that it is hard to keep him down on the mat.  He escapes alot against me.  I found, though, that he seems very susceptible to the Muay Thai clinch with knees to the ab.

I always get in trouble when I go after him, though.  If I'm patient and let him come to me I can mess him up.  If I get too aggressive he buries me.

Jared, if you plan on getting it release day I'd welcome some fun bouts so we can both get up to speed.  That would probably sucker Jason into buying it.  Jake is planning on getting it so maybe we can get some tourney/ladder stuff going.Smile
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-14-2009 at 2:43pm
I sent back a game last night to Gamefly, so I should be able to get the game pretty soon... even if I have to purchase it Big smile

I played Rua some more and focused my GnP game on maintaining position and nailing big wide open strikes.  It worked out much better.  I had a few tap outs and knockouts from full mount, but most victories came from the muay thai clinch. 

Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2009 at 8:25am
The game shipped from Gamefly for me yesterday.  I don't have much time to really dig into until the weekend, but I will be playing quite a bit then.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2009 at 10:51am
Amazon is selling it for $52.99...very tempting.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2009 at 10:54am
Best Buy is having a promotion where you get $30 dollars worth of merchandise or coupons.  I believe you get a UFC DVD and a coupon for $10 off a pay per view order.  Pretty good deal if your a fan of the sport and looking to buy.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2009 at 11:12am
I saw that deal. So far the impressions at OS are pretty positive.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2009 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Amazon is selling it for $52.99...very tempting.

Man, with free shipping that's the one I think I'll use.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2009 at 9:25am
Anyone get a chance to play to full release yet? I'm really on the fence with this one since Fight Night will be out soon too.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-21-2009 at 10:07am
I'm getting it.  I have to wait a week or so (payday).  Gamespot says online is laggy which is a real downer since I was hoping to have regular matches with you, Jared, and Jake.

Maybe that will improve.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-22-2009 at 6:49am
I have the full game.  Ted, the online was laggy the first night of release, but it has been better since then.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>