Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 06-02-2009 at 6:16pm
If you do I'll be happy to have some sparring fights against you.  Do some moves and tell you what the counters and ground moves are to help you out.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2009 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

If you do I'll be happy to have some sparring fights against you.  Do some moves and tell you what the counters and ground moves are to help you out.

That would be great. Thanks.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2009 at 6:23pm
Oh and here is something else to think about.  I wasn't comfortable with the ground game either.  So my first fighter I made him a terrific boxer/striker and a good enough wrestler to escape the ground game.  So you could do the same thing.  Learn the moves to get OUT of the ground game and keep the fight on your feet.  I did this with very good success.

Now my second fighter I'm so curious about the ground game that I've gone completely opposite.  Great speed and just enough striking to keep me out of trouble on my feet, but I look to go to the ground immediately with him.

There are so many strategies you can employ.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2009 at 7:04pm
I'm sold!!!

I'm going to play the demo some more once the kids are asleep.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2009 at 8:55pm
I printed out the gameplay controls from Gamefly. Hopefully they'll become more familiar if I have instant access to them. 
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2009 at 10:30pm
Not sure if you are aware of it, but from within the fight you can pause at any time and open up controls (I think) and it should open right to the page that is relevant to your current position in the fight and list the moves that you can perform.  I'm assuming you would pause anyway to read your list.

You can also thumb back and forth to the different control lists if it doesn't open to the right one.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-03-2009 at 2:34pm
Finished up my second career with my lightweight, Hank Salazar.  Mediocre record of 24-16.  Hank really struggled mid-career and had several 3 loss streaks that would drop him from rank 12-14 down to 20.  By the time I got my head around what I really wanted him to become he only had a year left on his contract.  I made a hard push to get him a shot, but two losses in a row to the 7th and 8th ranked fighters pretty much put that to rest.  He finished his career with a 2nd round KO of Rich Clementi who was fighting in his 77th(!) fight.

He's a 73 overall BJJ fighter.  I played this entire career on advanced.

One of the signs of a good game for me is how emotionally involved you get with the characters.  I felt like I let Hank down and he could have been so much more had I focused on certains things at the right time.

Think I'll create myself as a light-heavy next.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-05-2009 at 7:29am
I'm hoping to pick up my copy of UFC tomorrow.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-05-2009 at 11:26am
I just picked up a rental copy from the store, so we'll see how it goes.  Honestly, I don't think I'm into it enough to attempt to deal with these controls, (The diagrams in the instruction book showing all the crazy analog stick spins made me LOL) but I'm going to give it a shot.

Very much digging other games at the moment too, though, so my frustration tolerance is going to be low.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-05-2009 at 12:19pm
Ted has gotten me so excited for this game. I played the demo last night and scored my first one-punch KO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>