Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Virtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVirtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virtual Baseball Season/Franchise Updates
    Posted: 07-26-2009 at 1:00pm
40-35, 2 games back of the Angels.

We dropped two of three to Arizona at home and then took two of three from San Diego before going on the road to the Dodgers and taking two of three there.  Continuing on the road to New York to face the 37-42 Yankees.

In my start against San Diego, Griffey Jr. went 5-5 and hit for the cycle, getting the elusive triple in his last AB.  That was the first time I've ever done that in a video game.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2009 at 8:09am
I'm playing The Show again.  Don't tell my therapist.

But seriously, I think I've got it figured out this time.
Mike_S View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2009 at 3:41pm
Good luck with that "Show" thing. :-)

I also look for Quality Starts, which is 6IP and 3 or fewer ER.  But it seems about 50% of the time I get them, at best.

As for my season: Pitching has continued to be pretty good, but hitting has let me down big-time and we've slumped to 8-15.  Still have time to catch up in the second half of the season, but need to hit more consistently.  Team as a whole is OK, and Sean Casey is amazingly hot with 8 HR, but Carlos Lee is around .160 with no HR and Victor Martinez (.280 and .290 the last two years) is a ridiculous .125 with 2 HR.  Those two "automatic outs" are killing me in 1 or 2 run games, and the possible replacements are not significantly better.  Three game set with the first-place Yanks was a painful 5-3 loss in 14 innings, another painful come-from-behind 7-5 loss, and finally a 5-2 win.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Slumberland

I'm playing The Show again.  Don't tell my therapist.

But seriously, I think I've got it figured out this time.

That's it, Slumber!  Get back behind the wheel of that bus! 

Sometimes you just have to take your shirt off and get all up in a p***y game's face, show it who is boss!!!

WinkBig smile
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 4:13pm
46-38, 0.5 game back of the Angels.

We lost two of three at the Yankees and I lost my start 4-3 against a very tough Joba Chamberlain.  We had a chance to tie it late, but Griffey Jr. got picked off third base and killed our momentum.  We really couldn't do anything until we got into their bullpen.

On to Boston where I won my start with Brendan Morrow 2-1 against a very tough Brad Penny.  Morrow went 7.1 innings and gave up 5 hits and 1 ER, but struck out 13!  It was really a fun performance to play/watch.  We went on to sweep Boston in 3 games.

Traveled back home to face the struggling Orioles who we took 2 of 3 from.  I won my start 4-3 with Felix Hernandez pitching a complete game to give the pen a little rest.

We now finish out the home stand against Texas.  Four games against the Rangers and then the All Star break.  This is a big series because if we do well we might take over first in the division and if we do poorly Texas is going to gain ground on us as they are 6.5 back of us.  I think I'll post some player stats at the break.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 4:47pm
Ted, what skill level are you playing on?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 5:03pm
I'm playing with those sliders from OS that were posted way back when.  With a couple of tweaks.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 5:31pm
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2k-sports-major-league-baseball-sliders/306470-fun-mlb-2k9-sliders.html

These are those sliders:

And here are mine.  Different in red.

Camera:
Batting: 1, 8.
Pitching: 1, 6, 4.

Pitcher Stamina: 35

Human Batting:

CPU Batting:

Human Pitching:

CPU Pitching:

Human Running:

CPU Running:

Human Fielding:

CPU Fielding:

I know sliders are very individual things and these work really well for me and create fun, believable games.  A short time ago I had three starts with over 10 runs and 20 hits in a row.  I thought about changing some things because I thought I outgrew the sliders, but decided to ride it out to the all star break and I'm glad I did.  If you check my last few starts the scoring and pitching have changed again.  And I just had an Xbox freeze that unfortunately lost a game I was losing to Texas 6-1 in the fourth inning.  I guess I'll have to pretend that game got rained out.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2009 at 6:44pm
Thanks Ted, I'll have to try those out.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2009 at 8:39am
I'm 7-3 so far in the absolute final canonical Mets Show '09 Berkowitz franchise.

Some key defensive plays in the last couple games.  Church throwing out a runner at home from right to preserve a late one-run lead against the Padres.  Then K-Rod coming in with a 4-1 lead against the Brewers, giving up two quick runs and allowing runners on 1st and 2nd with one out.  Darren O'Day relieves him, gets a sharp ground ball up the middle which Luis Castillo is able to get to and flip to Reyes from his knees to start the game-ending double play.

All-Star defaults.  Commentary off.  Knight's 'Full Minors' rosters.  Digging the 'low' fielding camera.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>