Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: E3 2009: 360 to Stick Around Until 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE3 2009: 360 to Stick Around Until 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E3 2009: 360 to Stick Around Until 2015
    Posted: 06-04-2009 at 10:53am

E3 2009: 360 to Stick Around Until 2015

Microsoft's Shane Kim suggests a 10 year life cycle for console, E3 win.

UK, June 4, 2009 - The Xbox 360's recently unveiled motion control technology will help extend the console's life span into 2015, according to Microsoft executive Shane Kim.

Speaking frankly about the company's E3 showing in an interview with Venturebeat (thanks, videogaming24/7), Kim said 'We firmly believe that the Xbox 360 has a life cycle through 2015 (10 years after the launch). Project Natal is a great innovation. It will work with every Xbox 360 sold. It's not about pushing more pixels on the screen. It's about how to break down barriers that stop people from playing games.'

So impressive was Natal's debut that Kim believes it gave Microsoft the upper hand against its traditional rivals Sony and Nintendo. 'I think we won,' said Kim when asked how he rated the three company's E3 conferences. 'It's not just me saying that. It's pretty universal. We had something very special yesterday, starting with the games portfolio. We had a lot of content for a normal E3 briefing. But Project Natal doesn't come along every year, and it is very difficult to match.'

Kim also went on to reveal the origin of Natal's name, saying 'Natal is a city in Brazil, which is where one of our key development team members if from. Natal also means birth. We thought it was appropriate for what we are doing. This is the birth of the next-generation of home entertainment.'

Source: IGN.com
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-04-2009 at 10:55am
I wouldn't mind this at all. I think there's plenty that these consoles can still do, especially with Project Natal not far off.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-04-2009 at 11:11am
That's great to hear.  There's really nothing I'm longing for visually that these latest consoles aren't giving me... well, maybe the Wii could use some 720p.
 Post Reply Post Reply