Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGNUFN2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGNUFN2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGNUFN2
    Posted: 06-10-2009 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Derek

Iffy for tonight, gents!  If I get on I'll play a roster fighter vs whomever! :)

I can fight you tomorrow - I already have 3 fights scheduled for tonight anyway.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 3:41pm
I will be around 8:30 cst tonight... maybe sooner.  I will join the party.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 7:58pm
Kids are in bed. I'll be online once they fall asleep - hopefully by 9:30pm.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 9:44pm
Good card tonight fellas.  Lots of fun.  Be sure to post your wins on the ladder.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

Be sure to post your wins on the ladder.

That won't be a problem for me LOL.

Great fights and thanks for all the help tonight. I may not have fought well, but I feel like I learned a lot tonight - especially with the ground game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 10:00pm
I would say tonight was a success.  I know every time I fought early on I learned a lot so hopefully you took quite a bit away tonight. 

As you can see you have to at least be able to defend yourself on the ground and escape from the ground in order to have any chance at winning.  When you become a potent weapon on the ground things really start to change.

Maybe we can do some casual fights tomorrow and get Derek on as well.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2009 at 10:57pm
It all comes with experience and I seen a big improvement in your game from our warm up fight tonight to our last fight.  Know your fighters game and try to work it aggressively while defending yourself.  If your gameplan isn't working then switch it up.

I wanted to stand up and bang with Jake, but I was getting worked pretty good.  I knew I had to win in the clinch or on the ground
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2009 at 8:07pm
Guys, I just got home from work and have to out of the house at 6:30am tomorrow morning, so I won't be around for any fights tonight.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2009 at 9:27am
I ended up being away all last night at a friend's house.  Sorry I wasn't around!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2009 at 9:56am
I had paperwork until late so I wasn't around either. 

Do you guys want to try for a Saturday night card or push off until Wed/Thurs again?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>