Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Battlefield 1943
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBattlefield 1943

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battlefield 1943
    Posted: 07-20-2009 at 8:36pm
Jake and I are enjoying this light shooter and if anyone else here is playing semi regularly just give a shout and maybe we can squad up sometime.

I think its a great value at $15 and the combination of infantry, vehicles, and aircraft is pretty good and pretty balanced.

Derek, I saw you in a map today and joined you, saw you briefly and then couldn't team up with you again.  Hope to play with you sometime.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2009 at 9:55am
Love it!  Definitely a good use of $15.  I played a ton last night.

Sorry I haven't been around much.  Work is crazy, and I still have trouble getting past the main forum page here with internet freezes. :(
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2009 at 11:58am
Is this an Xbox Live arcade game?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2009 at 12:53pm
Yep!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2009 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Is this an Xbox Live arcade game?

Thanks. Looks interesting. I'm surprised it's so inexpensive - it looks like there's a lot of variety in the game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2009 at 4:45pm
It's a great title for $15.  It looks great, there is no lag that I've noticed and the varied type of combat (infantry, armor, air) is quite fun.  The maps so far are really well done too.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2009 at 8:55am
Hey Ted, I was glad to see you pop in for a while on this yesterday.  You killed me more than I got you, I think, but overall you were a good luck charm for me in that I had some of my best rounds in games you were in, including at least one 'best player' result.

I had a really amazing moment where I rolled into the airfield solo in a tank and took out like 5 or 6 of you guys, including you, and took over the flag by myself!  You got revenge on me later, though! :)

Really fun!  I'm glad you joined.  I didn't have the mic available yesterday, though, so sorry I wasn't talking.

We should play as a squad, me you and Jake.  Communication can help a ton in this game, even if it's just a sniper covering an infantry advance and calling out enemy locations.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2009 at 9:31am
I saw those moments, Derek.  I was thinking "man he really got good at this game" after seeing you at the top of the list that one round.  Usually you and I are hovering mid pack or lower.

Jake and I would love to squad up with you.  We figured out how to call the bomber strike in and its pretty fun since you fly the bomber formation and pick your target then drop it when you get there.  I was really racking up some points last night doing that.  I think one of the keys to victory each map is who controls the bomber bunker.  Those airstrikes can cause a lot of devastation and make flags easier to take over.

Hope to see you in there soon.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2009 at 1:00am
Top Squad!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2009 at 8:28am

Good way to finish the night last night, 1-2-3! :)

There was some seriously intense sustained fighting for a while in the airfield section again last night.  Crazy stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>