Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: My Xbox Just Died!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Xbox Just Died!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Xbox Just Died!!!
    Posted: 08-12-2009 at 7:46pm
For the FIRST time in my life I had a console die on me. My Xbox displayed one red light in the bottom-right corner with the E74 error message. Luckily it's still under warranty, but it looks like I won't be playing Madden 10 this weekend.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 7:56pm
WTF!!! no!

Are you sure its dead?

Edit:  I guess more flight sim?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 8:02pm
Yeah, it's dead. The E74 is a common issue and is covered by the 3-year warranty.

Yes, more FSX for the next few weeks.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 8:13pm
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 8:26pm
Amazed you made it as long as you did. I had to have gone through 3 or more myself and I baby my consoles. Anyway sorry for your loss, would try to bring you over to the darkside but I know that is futile. Guess you could always break out the Wii and let Christmas come early for the kids.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 8:29pm
These things must be a total crap shoot.  I tried to baby my 360, but my wife will play a game or watch a movie and then go out and leave the thing running for 4 hours or more.  I come home and its been on all day.  Still chugging away.  I gotta say the thing is as loud as a jet sometimes, but it keeps going.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 9:39pm
I'm shocked that it happened because I also baby my consoles and still own these still-working consoles:
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • NES
  • Sega Genesis
  • Playstation
  • Two PS2s
I never play my Xbox for more than 2-hours at a time and keep it well ventilated, so I thought I'd avoid any heat-related issues - guess I was wrong.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-12-2009 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'm shocked that it happened because I also baby my consoles and still own these still-working consoles:
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • NES
  • Sega Genesis
  • Playstation
  • Two PS2s
I never play my Xbox for more than 2-hours at a time and keep it well ventilated, so I thought I'd avoid any heat-related issues - guess I was wrong.

I'm so tempted to go buy the Arcade console. It seems like you're guaranteed a Jasper with those.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 6:41am
Some people think the new dashboard update is causing the problem with older Xbox consoles. It did happen to me the first time I played my Xbox after the update. Hmmm....
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 8:10am

Sorry to hear, Jason.  And bad timing for you.  I'm on my second, but my launch console lasted a long time as far as these crappy pieces of engineering go.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>