Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: My Xbox Just Died!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Xbox Just Died!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Xbox Just Died!!!
    Posted: 08-13-2009 at 11:37am
Microsoft says the turnaround is 2-3 weeks - is that pretty accurate?
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'm so tempted to go buy the Arcade console. It seems like you're guaranteed a Jasper with those.

I was under the impression that was true for the UK, but I did exactly that a couple of months ago when my Elite died and didn't get a Jasper.

It does seem like a crapshoot, though.  My first 360 ran merrily for a couple of years before I traded it in, but my Elite barely made it a year even though it was used less.  Like you, Jason, I'd never had a console die on me before.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 4:00pm

I'm shocked that it happened because I also baby my consoles and still own these still-working consoles:
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • NES
  • Sega Genesis
  • Playstation
  • Two PS2s
I never play my Xbox for more than 2-hours at a time and keep it well ventilated, so I thought I'd avoid any heat-related issues - guess I was wrong.

I'm so tempted to go buy the Arcade console. It seems like you're guaranteed a Jasper with those.

Here's the dope;http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/qna/927749.html?qid=48176

I will buy another ASAP if my Elite craps the bed,and let the refurb POS MS sends back be a second unit for another room.

Of course,with the price drop to 299 next week on Elites',I may just get another of those.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 4:35pm
So, they'll replace my unit with a refurb instead of repairing it? If so, that kinda pisses me off because I took great care of my system and don't want some sh*tty one in return.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 6:24pm
The Arcade units with 512MB of onboard memory are built with the Jasper chipset. The SKU is XGX-00055. I may have to look for one.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-13-2009 at 8:59pm
Sorry to hear that, Jason.  No wonder MS's hardware sales are remaining fairly constant!  Those Evil Geniuses...  Evil Smile

I have my fingers crossed, but my Elite is still running okay.  I'm sure I just jinxed myself...

Kevin
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2009 at 8:38am
That stinks big time!  I think I have gone through three 360s by now.  I bought the Best Buy extended warranty for $20 after I had to replace my first one.  That has saved me a lot of headaches.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2009 at 9:16am
I may buy the Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper chipset and 512MB onboard RAM) this weekend and sell my old one when I get it back.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2009 at 9:24pm
Save it for me for when mine goes...  Wink

Kevin
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-15-2009 at 10:09am

I may buy the Xbox 360 Arcade (Jasper chipset and 512MB onboard RAM) this weekend and sell my old one when I get it back.

Use it as another media extender in your home network.
The 512MB is so the non-HDD units can run the NXE dash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>