Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Racing Games?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRacing Games?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racing Games?
    Posted: 10-04-2009 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Brent

I played a few of the races and so far it seems pretty darn good. I even won the first point to point race, which even on casual is quite the accomplishment for this racer.  I see what you both were talking about in the presentation dept. There were quite a few times that I found myself staring at the TV just wishing I could just race or kill Travis Pastrana. 

It is also visually stunning and the short load times, compared to the original are fantastic.  Thanks guys for some great advice with this one.

My copy of Dirt 2 showed up yesterday and I got a chance to play it this morning for a while, and it's a lot of fun. I'm even enjoying the time trails, which is not something I expected. I'm anxious to try it out online.

Yes, the graphics are great. Even my son commented on how good the graphics look.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-04-2009 at 10:30pm
I'm officially hooked on Dirt 2. What a fun game!!!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 9:46am
Let's try some online, Jason.  Are you going to be around tonight?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 10:30am
Yeah, I can be online tonight. What time were you thinking?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 10:52am
Can you do 9:30?

I'm up for trying both Dirt and Shift, if you like.  I haven't played either online yet.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 11:14am
Sounds good. 9:30 should be fine.

Maybe Ted and Adam can join us too.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 2:36pm
I would love too, but I don't have either.  They are in my Gamefly Q though so maybe soon.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

I would love too, but I don't have either.  They are in my Gamefly Q though so maybe soon.

You're in for quite a treat when it arrives.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Sounds good. 9:30 should be fine.

Maybe Ted and Adam can join us too.

Would have loved to, but my 360 is currently hooked up to the TV in the living room, and I'm not there.  I do want to try this online, though, and look forward to some online impresssions.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2009 at 9:33pm
Great races tonight Derek!!!

Derek and I played for about and hour and it was perfectly smooth the entire time - I couldn't tell the difference between online and offline play. We were talking about how much fun this one will be online with a few people and are hoping to maybe setup a regular night for racing each week. Thursdays are good for Derek and I. What about everyone else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>