Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Racing Games?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRacing Games?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racing Games?
    Posted: 10-15-2009 at 8:48am
Up to Level 25 and just won my first Rally Cross World Tour.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2009 at 6:47pm
Just won X Games America and moved up to a level 27.

Anyone know what the Dirt 2 update that came out today does?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2009 at 8:09pm
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388826

A DiRT 2 game update will be made available via Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network on Thursday 15th October. In order to fully address some issues, Microsoft will be required to carry out an Xbox LIVE leaderboard reset on this date. This reset will only affect the ‘fastest lap time’ records of individual tracks; all other online stats (such as online fame levels) will remain. PlayStation 3 users will remain unaffected, as will all current tournaments on both platforms.

The main fixes (although other minor fixes are included) in this game update are listed below:

- Fixed the ‘Infinite load bug' which could cause a hang on the loading screen should the client have connection issues with the DiRTNET Server.

- Fixed a potential crash triggered by ejecting the disc at a specific point during the initial game load.

- Fixed an issue which, in some cases, causes water audio sound effects to continue playing once the player quits a race.

- Minor livery changes for licensing reasons.

- Changing the replay interface so that the play/pause button shows play when paused and pause whilst playing

- Increased the ghost download timeout to 60 seconds and added a button which allows the download to be skipped.

- In Time Trial mode, the player can now download an opponent ghost from a Leaderboard that they have not yet posted a time to

- Added a toggle to the advanced settings of Jam Sessions which enables/disables auto team balancing

- Implemented a system which reserves slots for party members when the party host joins an online session

- Selecting "View Replay" from the post-race results screen no longer restarts the replay, it now continues from its current point

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2009 at 8:24pm
Thanks Brent! You the man!!!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2009 at 10:21pm
I don't know what you guys are smoking.  I went to the local rental shop today to ask for Dirt 2.  She said she didn't order it because a local freight truck driver told her not to bother.  He said he saw it playing somewhere and it looked awful.  And it looked cheesy too.  You guys sure drank the kool-aid on this one.

She really told me that.

Anyway, I hope that Dirt 2 gets a little more available on Gamefly.  I'm holding open 2 spots for it and NHL 2k10 and they are the only things in my Q now.  I'm already having the same problem with Gfly that caused me to quit last spring.  I won't last a month if things don't improve.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2009 at 6:24am
I always go to my local freight truck driver for advice on my games too Wink.

One thing that can NOT be debated about Dirt 2 is the graphics. This is the best looking racing game I've ever seen or played.

On a separate note, I started playing NFS: Shift last night. I put this game aside while playing Dirt 2 the past few weeks, but I was itching for something a little different. I wasn't blown away by the demo or my initial playing of Shift, but last night changed my opinion of the game. I actually had to force myself to stop playing because it was getting too late.

Does anyone else think this generation has been the best for racing games? I certainly do.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2009 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I always go to my local freight truck driver for advice on my games too Wink.

One thing that can NOT be debated about Dirt 2 is the graphics. This is the best looking racing game I've ever seen or played.

On a separate note, I started playing NFS: Shift last night. I put this game aside while playing Dirt 2 the past few weeks, but I was itching for something a little different. I wasn't blown away by the demo or my initial playing of Shift, but last night changed my opinion of the game. I actually had to force myself to stop playing because it was getting too late.

Does anyone else think this generation has been the best for racing games? I certainly do.

This generation has been the best for every genre,if one is objective.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2009 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by koebner

This generation has been the best for every genre,if one is objective.

One would have to be really objective (and if by objective you mean, loves purdy graphics) to think this generation is the best for sports games. One could easily make the case that this is the worst generation for sports games as a whole.

Football - Do I really even have to say anything? Easily the worst generation for this sport.
Basketball - Less games to pick from. Only one college game now. Online has seen innovation, offline not so much.
Baseball - Less games to pick from. 360 owners having only the 2k game to pick.
Futbol - Konami has tanked it this gen, Fifa was spitting out average games until the past few years.
Hockey - I guess we can call this one a success thanks to NHL. Once again less choices.
Tennis - Once again we have less selection and Virtua Tennis has been on the decline. Top Spin 3 was great but not enough to save this sport. Easily the worst generation for this sport.
Golf - We have Tiger and Hot Shots Golf...  HSG was really limited in terms of content. Easily the worst generation for this sport.
Racing - I will leave that to people who play racing games. Still waiting on a good MX games.
Table Tennis - We have a winner. Rockstar made a good table tennis game. Unless flash games count this is the sole sports genre that has outperformed all others.
Olympic/Track and Field Games - NES and SNES/Genesis dominate this category.
Extreme Sports - Last gen wins this one by a landslide. Sorry Skate fans.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2009 at 9:25am
I'll disagree with that Brent. While I agree that sports games may not have progressed as much as they have in previous generations and there are far fewer choices, I could never go back to playing a last-gen sports game now (I've tried). Personally, I think the best sports games for every sport (including MLB), from a gameplay perspective, are from this generation.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-26-2009 at 4:35pm
Dirt 2 is OTW!  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>