Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Basketball 10 Media & Info
    Posted: 10-15-2010 at 4:16pm
I just finished my last non-conference game and am going into conference play at 11-0 with Washington.

It's been a fun season so far and I've moved up to #5 in the polls.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:03pm
Any freezing? I have been afraid to start a season and have only played exhibitions. I figure when college basketball starts up in real life I will get the itch.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:06pm
Oh sure.  I get a freeze mid game every so often...let's see...I've played and finished 11 games and I can remember 3 freezes.  So maybe every 3rd or 4th game gets a freeze?  I just restart and haven't had any corruptions yet.  It's frustrating, but it's all we've got I guess.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:09pm
Yeah, I was kinda hoping EA would show some holiday cheer and throw out a patch this winter since they decided not to support 10.  Of course with Elite being a complete disaster, I doubt they have the time to even remember that NCAA 10 even existed.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:14pm
I really don't think they are going to spend any resources on a game that is out of print.  That would be showing goodwill and I doubt EA or any other corporate publisher has much of that.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:24pm
The sad part is due to the Elite screwup they are going to keep updating NBA Live 2010 until they get Elite released (assuming that actually happens).

At least I can play conference tourneys and when march comes around edit a bracket to play next years tourney with generic names (only one guy working on rosters for this years teams so I am not holding out too much hope for that).

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2010 at 5:54pm
I'd be so happy if EA released a patch that fixed the freezing issue only. They're supporting Live 10 when NCAA 10 was a much better game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2010 at 12:42am
Suffered my first loss of the season to Oregon 87-78.  Was a see-saw game with about 8 lead changes.  I came back from trailing by eight to lead by five, but eventually couldn't keep up with their hot 3 point shooting (44%).  They also out rebounded me 47-26.

I've slipped two spots in the polls to #7 at 12-1 (1-1)
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-29-2010 at 7:30pm
After beating ASU on the road we fell to Arizona in their house.  It was a tough game and their 17th toughest place to play killed our free throw shooting.  In fact, if we had shot just 50% from the line we would have been up a point or two instead of down 3 with a minute left.

13-2 (2-2) 13th in the polls.  Conference play is turning out to be a lot tougher than the early games.

Edit:  Brent I did have a freeze in the opening of this game so yeah it still freezes about every four games.  Luckily I hadn't played any minutes when this happened so it didn't feel like a restart.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-29-2010 at 8:47pm
Well that is not too bad, regarding the freezing.  I might just start and OU dynasty with made up players.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>