Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Gears of War?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGears of War?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gears of War?
    Posted: 10-21-2009 at 7:26am
Any Gears of War fans here? The first one is only $20 and I like that it's not an FPS - it seems like a pretty straightforward shooter.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2009 at 1:46pm
I played it all the way through with a friend. Good game buy like any of these games it gets repetitive. You spend much of your time taking cover and shooting.

Reminded me a lot of winbacks (Ps2/N64) gameplay with a gritty look and of course sci fi enemies.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2009 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Any Gears of War fans here? The first one is only $20 and I like that it's not an FPS - it seems like a pretty straightforward shooter.

The second game is much better(SP and MP) and can be had for 25 bucks used.
It took 'em long enough,but the MP is straightened out,too.
Horde mode is worth the price of the game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2009 at 9:33am
My wife picked up the first one for me at Target. I'm not that interested in multi-player (yet) and wanted to spend the least amount of money since I'm not even sure if I'll like it. If I do like it, I'd rather that I start with the first one in the series before moving onto the sequel.
 Post Reply Post Reply