Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2k10 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2k10 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2k10 Impressions
    Posted: 06-08-2010 at 11:57am
Brent, GTA IV won't get any playtime until August (or until I beat RDR). My wife saw it for $26 in Walmart and had a $5 gift card, so she got it for me.

Ted, I put my pitcher composure sliders back to 50 because they seemed to dominant with it set at 0. I'd be curious if you see the same thing after a few games.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 9:05pm
Goodness gravy, forget the near triple play, I spy GTA 4 on your list. You might as well just return World Cup because your free time just turned into nadaville.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 8:08pm
Here's the video of my near triple play:

There's a better quality video of it here:

MLB 2K10 Gameplay

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 5:54pm
Had a good mlb today game.  Beat Texas 7-2 off a strong 8 inning performance by Cliff Lee.  I hit 2 two run homers and the Rangers hit one solo shot.  Fielding is improved.  I played pro sliders with the composure rating turned down like you said.  I saw very nice hit varieties.

Edit:  Had 11 hits to their 7.  I struck out 3 times, they 4.  I had 2 BB and they had 1.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 2:30pm
I haven't had any infield pop-ups, but I have gotten some foul outs and errors in "Play Now" games. I actually have to upload a replay to 2K's web site of a triple play I almost had. Here's what happened:

No outs and runner on first and second. The batter hits a ground ball to A-Rod who tags the runner heading to third, throws to second base for the second out, but the offline throw to first base by Cano denied me a triple play.

I'd rather have errors on throws than some random, computer generated error on a routine play. I know that happens in real baseball, but it's frustrating when it happens randomly in a baseball videogame. I'd rather the error be due to something I did (or didn't) do, like offline throws.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 2:24pm
I'll have to give this one another crack, but I'm still unhappy about the missing pop-ups, errors, foul outs, and injuries.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 2:00pm
Brent, do yourself a favor and download the MLB 2K10 demo to see how much better the game plays now. The players moved and threw so fast that it felt unnatural and now they have a nice rhythm to their movements because you can actually see the animations play out now. It's fun to play in the infield again.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 1:56pm
Just started playing it with all the patches so I have no clue how it played before.  Plays fine to me with the classic controls on.

* Stop making replies in sports threads, I see what you are doing.  Go back to killing outlaws and such. Wink

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 1:51pm
Is anyone still playing this? The second patch has really made this a much better-playing game.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-27-2010 at 8:49pm
On the bright side there is little to no lag while playing offline, unlike previous years. Wink  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>