Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2k10 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2k10 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2k10 Impressions
    Posted: 03-07-2010 at 12:08am
Kevin, glad you decided to pick it up. Ted and I were chatting on Xbox Live today and your name came up because we thought you might like this year's game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by TedSGN

Well, it's not exactly checking, but you can tell when your pitcher is getting tired because the speed of the meter between start of windup and full power lock increases very noticeably.  It makes keeping fine control nearly impossible in the later stages of the outing and can cause a lot of grief if you aren't paying attention.

Ted, I played with some minor leagues teams and really noticed this. It's a nice touch and adds a bit of realism to the game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 4:08pm
Man, I am so into my "my player" right now.  I'm almost finished with my first season with Hammerzeit, my 18 y.o. power hitting right fielder.

It's been such a great ride and I don't know how they do it, but the hot streaks and slumps are there and pretty sublime.  You see little mini peaks and valleys, like going 500 for one series and then cooling off to go 238 or 111 for another series.  This last one was just a doozy though as I was 0 for the last 18 without a hit in 6 games.  I had drawn a few walks, mostly because I noticed that since I got my power up and had jacked 15 homers through 68 games the pitchers really started to pitch around me when there was two outs or first was open.  I was getting quite a few two walk games, an occasional three walk game and one game I had no at bats due to 5 walks.  Maybe I'm the AA Barry Bonds.

So I'm 0 for 18 and starting to feel a bit of anxiety during my walkups wondering what is going on.  What am I doing different.  So on a 1-1 count I get a 99 mph fastball right down the middle and bam.....411 feet over the right centerfield fence.  That's the way to break an 0-18 streak.

Also, it's been pretty cool working myself up from 8th in the order to 7th, then 6th.  I'm firmly entrenched at 5th now and I get put in the clean up spot when another player, Jason Gin, gets called up to AAA or we face a team without the DH which has happened a few times.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 7:09pm
Hey Boys,

I'm only in July with my closer, but I'm feeling the same sense of accomplishment and occasional wonder you are.  I'm up to set-up man now, but I got rocked earlier.  After starting real strong, I absolutely blew up in a game after coming in with the bases loaded and nobody out, and striking out the first two.  Just when I thought it was time to move up in difficulty level because I'd "mastered" it, the game gave me a reality check!  You know what - I absolutely loved it!

I'm looking forward to starting a position player career soon - I just want to get some more batting work done, first.

What difficulty level are you playing on?

Lastly - dare I ask this, are there any plans for any kind of online league/season?

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Lastly - dare I ask this, are there any plans for any kind of online league/season?

Not yet...MLB 2K10 Online Play Will Require a Patch

Maybe some type of offline league would be better.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2010 at 11:21pm
I made two saves to see what would happen at the end of my AAA season.  I increased all of my minimum requirements to make the call up goals and I was immediately put on the expanded roster for some September playing time with the big club.  I was put at 1B, my secondary position, because the other right fielders were all significantly better than I was. 

In my second save I didn't increase my points and based upon my stats I was invited to spring training for the 2011 season. 
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2010 at 9:43am
Hey guys, it's been awhile!  My online gaming has been restricted because of school, but I am still playing every now and then.

Anyway, I picked this one up yesterday and started in on the My Player.  Haven't gotten too far into it yet, but I am enjoying it so far.  Hopefully they get the online part fixed soon (was hoping it was already fixed as I am on Spring Break) and we can play a game or two.  Starting in May I don't anticipate too much playing as I start my internship, ugh.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2010 at 12:00pm
What's up Grambo!!! Good seeing you around these parts again. Hope school is going well for you.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2010 at 10:04pm
Is the demo a fair representation of the full game?  Anything that seems different in the full game than it was in the demo?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-08-2010 at 10:09pm
Hey Derek,

Sorry - I didn't play the demo.  I played a little of 2K8 and 2K9, and so far, I like 2K10 much better, for what it's worth.

Quick question - when using the "power" swing, do you have to pull back the stick and push it forward in rhythm, or can you pull back the stick before the pitch comes?  I'm still trying to figure out that timing...

thanks,

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>