Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2k10 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2k10 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2k10 Impressions
    Posted: 06-07-2010 at 2:24pm
I'll have to give this one another crack, but I'm still unhappy about the missing pop-ups, errors, foul outs, and injuries.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 2:30pm
I haven't had any infield pop-ups, but I have gotten some foul outs and errors in "Play Now" games. I actually have to upload a replay to 2K's web site of a triple play I almost had. Here's what happened:

No outs and runner on first and second. The batter hits a ground ball to A-Rod who tags the runner heading to third, throws to second base for the second out, but the offline throw to first base by Cano denied me a triple play.

I'd rather have errors on throws than some random, computer generated error on a routine play. I know that happens in real baseball, but it's frustrating when it happens randomly in a baseball videogame. I'd rather the error be due to something I did (or didn't) do, like offline throws.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 5:54pm
Had a good mlb today game.  Beat Texas 7-2 off a strong 8 inning performance by Cliff Lee.  I hit 2 two run homers and the Rangers hit one solo shot.  Fielding is improved.  I played pro sliders with the composure rating turned down like you said.  I saw very nice hit varieties.

Edit:  Had 11 hits to their 7.  I struck out 3 times, they 4.  I had 2 BB and they had 1.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 8:08pm
Here's the video of my near triple play:

There's a better quality video of it here:

MLB 2K10 Gameplay

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2010 at 9:05pm
Goodness gravy, forget the near triple play, I spy GTA 4 on your list. You might as well just return World Cup because your free time just turned into nadaville.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2010 at 11:57am
Brent, GTA IV won't get any playtime until August (or until I beat RDR). My wife saw it for $26 in Walmart and had a $5 gift card, so she got it for me.

Ted, I put my pitcher composure sliders back to 50 because they seemed to dominant with it set at 0. I'd be curious if you see the same thing after a few games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516