Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 2k10 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 2k10 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 2k10 Impressions
    Posted: 03-04-2010 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Have you tried the "Road to the Show" equivalent?  How's that look?

Thanks for the impressions!

Kevin

Yes, it's called "my player" and I'm enjoying that part of the game more than dynasty at the moment.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2010 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Is there still a fielding practice mode?

I played the demo some more tonight and I'm starting to really enjoy it.

It's different.  It's called drills and it is basically a set of tasks that you have to complete at each position.  I think it is there to get you ready for "my player."
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2010 at 8:26am
Thanks for the info. It kind of sucks they changed it around because I loved going into the fielding mode and just practicing.

Ted, have you made any slider adjustments yet? It seems (from what I've read) that slowing down the CPU fielder speed to 20-25 generates more realistic hit results.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2010 at 11:21am
I put in my old sliders for one game, but only played a few innings before I got distracted by something else.  There are a lot less slider options this year....maybe 1/2 to 2/3 as much as last year.  I wouldn't doubt that reducing fielder speed is helping again this year.  That was a major one for me last year.

Spending most of my time in "my player" with my SP Teddy Hammerzeit and my RF Dale Sturmodick.  So far I think "my player" is well done and is quite a bit of fun.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2010 at 1:52pm
I was hoping my copy would arrive today. Now I'm hoping it just makes it here tomorrow so that I don't have to wait until Monday night to play.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 5:26pm
So far I'm really enjoying this year's game.  I'm even more impressed with the results it generates with out of the box play (no sliders) than previous versions.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

So far I'm really enjoying this year's game.  I'm even more impressed with the results it generates with out of the box play (no sliders) than previous versions.

Same here. The only slider adjustment I made was to the fielder's speed and I'm seeing much more realistic hit results than with the demo.

Also, now that I'm used to the pre-load throwing, I'm finding the fielding to be much better than last year's game. I just wish they keep the old fielding practice mode.

Ted, I found a way to see the opposing pitcher's stamina/confidence (use the D-pad while batting), but I still haven't found an easy way to check on your own pitcher's info.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 9:43pm
Liking it a lot...  I put up a very early impressions post at the MAG.  This is the best 2K Sports game I've played in a while...

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Ted, I found a way to see the opposing pitcher's stamina/confidence (use the D-pad while batting), but I still haven't found an easy way to check on your own pitcher's info.

Well, it's not exactly checking, but you can tell when your pitcher is getting tired because the speed of the meter between start of windup and full power lock increases very noticeably.  It makes keeping fine control nearly impossible in the later stages of the outing and can cause a lot of grief if you aren't paying attention.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2010 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Liking it a lot...  I put up a very early impressions post at the MAG.  This is the best 2K Sports game I've played in a while...

Kevin

Kevin, I read your MAG post and I have to agree with the puzzling tasks given the pitchers.  They feel pretty random most of the time.  I have a pitcher and a hitter going and I can tell you the hitter tasks are more context appropriate than the pitcher ones.  I've really gotten into the new batting mechanics and love going down 0-2 only to fight back and fend off close pitches to work the count back to 3-2.  The plate battle is my favorite part of the game right now.  Last year I liked pitching best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>