Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Snoopy Flying Ace
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSnoopy Flying Ace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snoopy Flying Ace
    Posted: 06-05-2010 at 1:55pm
Thanks - that makes sense now. Like you, it's never come into play for me, so I never realized what it did.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-05-2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

My son and I are hooked on this game. Derek, do you know what the number at the top of the radar is? It seems to increase and decrease while doing loops.

It's your 'stunt bank'...how many stunts you can pull off.  When it is at zero, you have to wait a (very short) while before you can barrel-roll or loop or something.  in practice, it hardly ever comes into play for me, but it's there to prevent people from literally putting their plane in a constant roll.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-05-2010 at 12:46pm
My son and I are hooked on this game. Derek, do you know what the number at the top of the radar is? It seems to increase and decrease while doing loops.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-04-2010 at 11:59pm
I finally got a chance to play a bit with my son and really enjoyed the game. I had beaten the first 6 missions and then accidentally overwrote my save file Angry, so I have to start over again.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-04-2010 at 7:41pm
I just played some local multiplayer with my sons and had a BLAST.  Jason, we should definitely try to play some of this online together.

Ted, you and Jake should give the demo a spin.  It'd be great to do some smaller room, less chaotic air duels with this one.  Far, far more arcade than any sort of sim, of course, but you may still be able to get some enjoyment out of it. 
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-03-2010 at 9:17am
I grabbed it after playing the online multi timed trial, during which I had a blast.  It's still frenetic, but if you take a deep breath and focus you can pick your spots in all of that mess and be fairly successful.

I'm a little worried about weapon balancing, though. 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-03-2010 at 8:51am
I played it quickly last night and found the controls a little twitchy until I switched to a better handling plane. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play some more tonight.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2010 at 11:28pm
I've been playing the demo, and it's a wee bit too much chaos added to the dogfighting for me.  Seems the real meat is multiplayer too, and I'm worried about that falling off.  I think it would be a blast in a room full of pals, though!

On the fence about picking it up.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2010 at 7:09pm
I bought it today but my kids have been playing it, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-02-2010 at 12:11pm
I have to clear off 556MB of space so I can download the game. For $9.99 (800 points), it's a no-brainer purchase for me. My daughter has been asking me about this game since I first mentioned it to her.

I just realized that it supports online mutli-player too Thumbs Up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>