Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 11 Hype Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 11 Hype Thread
    Posted: 06-15-2010 at 12:30pm
A lot of people are complaining about the new play-calling screen but I like it quite a bit. I'm able to find the plays I want quickly and easily.

I'm also happy to see the return of auto-strafe which has been missing since the PS2 days. Us older guys prefer less buttons to press while playing.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 12:43pm
I can't really understand why someone would complain too much.  You have the basic play call screen for those who want quick access and the advanced play call screen (which I prefer).  Nothing too different here and I do like the quick buttons to take you to goaline and special teams.

Just noticed there was no more Lee Corso announcing. Can't really complain about that.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 12:47pm
I used the advanced screen myself and also LOVE the quick buttons that take you to goalline and special teams. I don't have to fumble around the play calling screen to kick a PAT.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 12:49pm
Also a nice touch is it tells you how long a FG will be from the Play Call screen (no more advance math for me). Wink

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Brent

Also a nice touch is it tells you how long a FG will be from the Play Call screen (no more advance math for me). Wink

Can adding 17 to the line-of-scrimmage really be considered "advanced" math? Wink
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 1:05pm
Darn skippy it is. Thanks again to EA for making life on my brain easier.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Brent

I can't really understand why someone would complain too much.  You have the basic play call screen for those who want quick access and the advanced play call screen (which I prefer).  Nothing too different here and I do like the quick buttons to take you to goaline and special teams.

Just noticed there was no more Lee Corso announcing. Can't really complain about that.

Agree with all of that.Game feels nice,and usually the release version is a bit better than the demo.
I'll probably cave and get this one around release.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 5:17pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2010 at 9:14pm
I switched to auto-sprint tonight and saw an immediate improvement in my running game. I've always had a bad happen of hitting sprint once my RB touched the ball and now I don't have to worry about that anymore. The more I play, the more I enjoy the game. I think it will play even better once we can select the game speed in the retail version and slow it down a little bit.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 8:37am
According to PastaPadre, the demo build is over 2 months old. If that's the case, I can't wait to see the final, optimized build of the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>