Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Red Dead Redemption....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRed Dead Redemption....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dead Redemption....
    Posted: 05-06-2010 at 7:17pm
could get me back on the 360 full time.

Man it's looking good and I'm pretty excited about the multiplayer aspects, especially free roaming with a gang.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/videos
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 10:44am
As you might have guessed, I'm all over this.  I'm still mildly unclear as to how multiplayer works exactly, but just traversing the landscape in a rainstorm with a posse will probably be worth the price of admission.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 10:55am
I'm going to check it out as well.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 11:16am
Is this a sequel to the cowboy game you used to play a while ago (possibly on the original Xbox)?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Is this a sequel to the cowboy game you used to play a while ago (possibly on the original Xbox)?

Sequel in name only, Jason, as the gameplay has been greatly revised and expanded.  This one is more of a Grand Theft Auto in the old West.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 3:41pm
May be thinking of 'Dead Man's Hand' as well.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-07-2010 at 9:39pm
probably Red Dead Revolver, but this is a very far evolution of that series.

I hope some of you guys are planning on exploring posse play.  Jake and I will look forward to joining up with whoever does.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-13-2010 at 10:28am
I just watched the video posted on the official web site and can't believe how good the graphics in this game look. I'm anxious to hear some first-hand impressions from you guys.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-13-2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I just watched the video posted on the official web site and can't believe how good the graphics in this game look. I'm anxious to hear some first-hand impressions from you guys.

Just an FYI: You get a $20 gift card if you order from Amazon.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-13-2010 at 9:18pm
That's tempting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>