Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Red Dead Redemption....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRed Dead Redemption....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dead Redemption....
    Posted: 05-18-2010 at 10:29pm
I'll give a report on multiplayer from Jake.

He just did free roam, but all by himself and didn't join any random players.  He said he has fought AI gangs (which I like) and didn't have to engage in player v player.  He died a bunch of times because he was all alone and it took him about 10 tries to take down an AI gang hideout.  He said he has also come across AI people wandering the landscape and has been attacked by cougars and killed and been killed by them.  His impression so far is very positive, but he says it really cries out for a formed posse and not a loner (which is expected).

Hope hope hope mine arrives tomorrow.

Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 12:34am
Jake killed me quite a few times this evening.  At least I think it was him.

Great world to run around in.  Need to unlock more multiplayer skins.  Gah!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 9:05am
Amazon is now offering a $20 credit towards a future video game purchase when you buy Red Dead Redemption from them. Decisions, decisions....
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 9:31am
Yeah, Ted, Jake ended up in a room later in the evening with a bunch of DSP guys.  I had a really, really fun time in player vs player in a posse of friends, but the free roam stuff actually was a little surprisingly underwhelming, as it seems like shooting up hideouts and gunning down the wildlife could get a little old after not too long.  We did some of the hideouts with a big posse and they were actually pretty easy because of that.  Possibly there is a sweet spot of posse size to maximize enjoyment of those battles...maybe 3-4 guys.

Anyway, the movement of the characters is also a little clunky (GTA-style) but overall I'm enjoying the heck out of the vs multi and the 1p game.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 10:15am
The upcoming free DLC should add some free-roam co-op gametypes.

Eager to hop back on this one, but I'm crazy busy the rest of the week.  Playtime will be sparse.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Derek

Yeah, Ted, Jake ended up in a room later in the evening with a bunch of DSP guys.  I had a really, really fun time in player vs player in a posse of friends, but the free roam stuff actually was a little surprisingly underwhelming, as it seems like shooting up hideouts and gunning down the wildlife could get a little old after not too long.  We did some of the hideouts with a big posse and they were actually pretty easy because of that.  Possibly there is a sweet spot of posse size to maximize enjoyment of those battles...maybe 3-4 guys.

Anyway, the movement of the characters is also a little clunky (GTA-style) but overall I'm enjoying the heck out of the vs multi and the 1p game.

Oh that must have been later when he was supposed to be playing L4D2 with me, but he flaked (the SOB).
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Slumberland

The upcoming free DLC should add some free-roam co-op gametypes.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that!  Right now the free-roam experience seems fun but a little sparse.  That should flesh it out some.

Originally posted by TedSGN

Oh that must have been later when he was supposed to be playing L4D2 with me, but he flaked (the SOB).

Oops, sorry Jake! LOL  Jake wasn't in the DSP Posse (we had come from free-roam) so he was on the other side, usually as one of the highest scoring players.  Killed me a lot too, although I managed to hold my own once or twice.  Guy manages to be everywhere I am on these maps. AngryLOL
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 10:41am
I wish there was more customization possible in your online avatar, but I guess the way they have it set up minimizes load times (instead of having to transfer all the custom visual information on a given player to every other player).
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Amazon is now offering a $20 credit towards a future video game purchase when you buy Red Dead Redemption from them. Decisions, decisions....

Amazon just lowered the price to $53.99 and is adding a $5 MP3 credit along with the $20 video game credit.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-19-2010 at 11:39am

Amazon just lowered the price to $53.99 and is adding a $5 MP3 credit along with the $20 video game credit.

I just ordered it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>