Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Online Posse?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOnline Posse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online Posse?
    Posted: 06-10-2010 at 8:08am
Last night was a blast. I loved getting attacked by cougars (the animal, not the 40+ female kind) and grizzly bears up in the snowy mountains. The game world in RDR just blows me away.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 10:11am
What did you think of the death matches and capture matches we did last night?  Is that something you want to do more of or are you content with hunting/surviving against animals and taking down bandit hidouts and occassionally going after lawmen?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 6:34pm
The death and capture matches were fun too. My only problem with the capture match was that other guys had way more powerful weapons and it can get somewhat frustrating. It'll be more enjoyable once I level up and get to know the maps better.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 9:17pm
I agree about the frustration with unbalanced weapons, but I'm not sure leveling is going to help.  I was getting creamed by some level 5 guy last night with a Winchester.  He was killing me with 1, maximium 2 shots.  I get the same winchester and it is still taking me 3, 4, 5, and one time 6 shots to kill that same guy.  I don't know what to make of it or if it just some super reflex kid doing criticals on me all the time.  That's my biggest gripe with the deathmatch stuff is I can't figure out why I'm not as effective with the same weapons.  I mean we all have auto aim right?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 9:40pm
Level doesn't matter in the VS modes, it only gives you increased weapons in Free Roam.  (Guys of higher level in free roam will have access to more/better weapons in Free Roam mode.)  In the VS mode, guns you can pick up show up (as a gun symbol) on your radar, and yes, some definitely do make a difference.  The game automatically puts the 'best' weapon into the appropriate slot for when you pick one up, so you don't even have to worry about switching them around if you don't want to.

Ted, unless you were playing 'casual' VS matches, no, everyone was not necessarily using the same aiming mode.  You can individually toggle between Normal and Expert (or whatever they call them.) Expert has no auto aim, but allows you to line up head shots faster if you are quick and accurate with the sticks.  I've seen this a lot in the opening standoffs, where guys on normal really have no chance against skilled guys on expert with that first, killing shot.

Even using Normal aim, though, headshots make a big difference.  Go for 'em whenever you can!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 9:52pm
you can't auto aim a head shot though, correct?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2010 at 10:04pm
Sure can!  I do it all the time, and it makes a big difference.  Auto aim as normal, and then raise the cursor to the targets head.  It takes longer to 'start from the middle and work up' than it does for a guy on Expert to just go right there, but you can easily get some nice one-shot kills if you have a second or two drop on someone.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 3:02pm
Anyone riding tonight?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 5:36pm
What time are you thinking?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2010 at 5:50pm
Around 10:30 - 11pm ET.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>