Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Tiger Woods 11- Anyone Else Purchasing?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTiger Woods 11- Anyone Else Purchasing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger Woods 11- Anyone Else Purchasing?
    Posted: 06-08-2010 at 11:14am
Yeah, but they are 28 courses that still look like the PS2 version. Easier to fit all those courses on a disc.  Ironically it is the 360 that holds back the TW team from adding more courses (due to a limited size of the DVD vs Blue Ray).  It fills the DVD up each year.

That said the Wii version has True View (first person view) which I like the look of.  Although it is not exactly an original idea by EA as ProStroke Golf on the Xbox had this,

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2010 at 5:21pm
The pricing of the DLC courses is ridiculous.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2010 at 2:25am
Just FYI it is 17 courses. A few really good new ones have been added.  Yes, the DLC sucks but over time you just need a new course or two.  They do have one DLC course up which was an old fictional course (The Highlands).

As for the game itself the challenge mode is pretty much the same.  Playing it on amateur and building up enough points to start my career on the Tour. I personally hate the challenges but you have to play enough of them to build up the stats.  In one night I am up to 3500XP (lv 3) and have my power high enough to start, just need more points for accuracy and control.  One nice thing buying retail is you do get an advanced driver with the online pass, so you do not have to start out hitting drives at 200 yards.   Also they were nice enough this year to allow all 17 course to be unlocked from the get-go.  Since I am playing on amateur I already have two holes in one and numerous eagles but once I switch to Tour Mode difficulty that will change.  Going to grind in the challenge mode for a couple more days and then it is off to play the tour.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 7:25am
Brent, you still playing this? Is it a big improvement over Tiger 09?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by koebner

FWIW,I just traded in TW 09 for TW 10.

Do you think it was worth it? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. I can trade in TW 09 for $8 and get TW 10 for $20 (including the $8 for the trade-in) from Amazon.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 11:38am
I enjoy the Ryder cup so it is well worth it for me.  It is a far better game than TW09. Graphics are a ton better than 09 and True Aim is great for a more realistic round of golf.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 3:58pm
Ryder Cup and True Aim are in TW11,I think Jason was wondering if TW10 was worth trading in TW09.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Originally posted by koebner

FWIW,I just traded in TW 09 for TW 10.

Do you think it was worth it? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. I can trade in TW 09 for $8 and get TW 10 for $20 (including the $8 for the trade-in) from Amazon.

The putting is better,the graphics are a bit of an upgrade,the Real Weather feature (or whatever it's called) is pretty cool.

I'd say it's worth doing unless you have a lot invested in your 09 golfer.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 4:14pm
Ah, well you should sell TW 10 and move up to 11 and play with True Aim.

Just FYI Amazon has TW11 for $49.99 now.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-22-2010 at 5:26pm
I will throw out one thing that chaps my ass.  They are charging $10.00 (800 points) for each DLC course.  For a course that can not be used in your tour mode (yet again).  At first it was for fantasy courses but they have added a third (real) course today at that price.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>