Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: F1: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedF1: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F1: Media & Info
    Posted: 06-17-2010 at 3:35pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2010 at 5:26pm
I am looking forward to this game very, very much.  There are 3 more videos here:

Oh, and 3 more videos here:

Being a Codemasters game, I'm sure there'll be plenty to make it accessible for everyone, in the same way as we could all enjoy DiRT 2.  For someone like me, though, the idea of the track cleaning up and rubbering in as a weekend progresses, helping to develop your car through the course of a season, doing the official press conferences during race weekends, looking after your engines (only 8 engines per car per season are allowed these days, with grid penalties if you use more) and choosing the right tyres on a drying track in changeable weather conditions...it sounds like my wish list for a Formula 1 game all coming true.

Codies, please, please do not cock this up...
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-21-2010 at 9:57pm
Game comes out tomorrow. Anyone picking it up? The early buzz is that it's pretty good.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2010 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Game comes out tomorrow. Anyone picking it up? The early buzz is that it's pretty good.

Briefly, because I'm going to bed now and not a second later - I have.  It is.  Handling's very good, AI seem superb from the 90 minutes I've had with them, it looks great and Monaco in the wet with all aids switched off is genuinely scary.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2010 at 1:49am
You playing it on PC Adam?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2010 at 9:51pm
I'm tempted to pick this up on Steam.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-25-2010 at 1:06pm
360, Ted.  There's not a snowball's chance of my PC running this with any kind of respectability.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2010 at 9:53am
I picked this up for the 360 this weekend, but have not had a chance to pop it in yet.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2010 at 11:18pm
I've done maybe 5 laps in Australia, and haven't managed to post a legit time yet! LOL

Still, really good first impressions from this one.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2010 at 5:07am
Seems the bloom is coming off of the rose quickly with this one...this sums up a lot of what I'm reading; http://www.operationsports.com/forums/2041656008-post251.html

Evidently,the Codies are in panic mode trying to get a major patch together.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>