Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN Big East Online Dynasty
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN Big East Online Dynasty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN Big East Online Dynasty
    Posted: 07-23-2010 at 9:02pm
After jumping to an early 14-0 lead, Rutgers loses 21-14 to #13 Penn State.

My running game is carrying my offense. I really need to work on my passing game, and not using play-action is not helping matters.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2010 at 9:05pm
I thoroughly enjoyed kicking the snot out of Kent St. 51-3!  :-)

I doubt the rest of my season will go as well, LOL...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2010 at 3:40am
Well at least we had one winner this week. I will advance once Jason gets his recruiting in.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2010 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Brent

I will advance once Jason gets his recruiting in.

Done.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2010 at 2:03pm
Week advanced

Akron takes out my star starting QB for a week in the first half.  This makes Brent angry, so I put 660 yards of offense and a 63-0 win together. We have our groove back.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2010 at 7:10pm
Just a week?  I told my virtual boys to take him out for the year!!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-24-2010 at 7:56pm
LOL

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2010 at 4:26pm
Florida gives me a little payback with Kevin this week. Everyone is now 1-1. Only two games this week, Kevin and Jason only have recruiting to do.

Recruiting leaders?

Cincy has 2 - 3 star hard commits. How are the rest of you doing? THey do not show the ranking until week 5.

One thing I noticed about recruiting which seems glitchy was in my offline dynasty with OU that I quit after this happened. I went into the OU/Tex game undefeated. Texas had already lost one to Tech. I had a ton of invites travel for this game knowing a win would surely lock a few close recruits up (between me and Texas). I blow Texas out 41-10 and I roll the week over and find that every single player had soft commited to Texas. I guess Mack was promising these guys playing time and Freshman All American status because it really made no sense. Most of the guys showed they had an A to A+ time on the trip.  Guess Mack Brown had some females lined up for them.

Anyway I am going to do an offline dyn with a really bad team and see if I can turn them into champions. Somewhere far away from the Texas recruiting grounds. Wink

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2010 at 7:50pm
I also have two 3-star CB's hard commit to RU. I may also do an offline dynasty to get some practice recruiting.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2010 at 8:55pm

I did my recruiting.  Isn't it showing up as "ready to advance?"

Yes, Florida kicked my butt.  In previous versions of this game, on AA level, I could take a team like Akron and beat a team like Florida.  This year, I just couldn't get anything done on offense.  Florida's defense was so fast.  I could barely get a pass off, and I couldn't turn good runs into game-breaking runs because of their speed.  And, ratings-wise, my team is fast!  I was in the game 10-0 at half, 17-0 at the end of three (my receiver fumbled deep in Florida territory; I should've had 7 on the board by the end of the 3rd), but then I got desperate.  Florida made me pay, turning two TO's into 14 points.  I turned it over 4 times in the game (2 fumbles, 2 picks).
Oh well, I have WKU next week, so hopefully I'll get back on the winning track before opening Big East play.
I have one 3-star recruit so far, and a bunch of other 3-stars that have me "first" in the rankings.  I have a couple of 4-stars interested, but no 5-stars are giving my program a look.
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>