Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Hydro Thunder Online?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHydro Thunder Online?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydro Thunder Online?
    Posted: 08-04-2010 at 11:23pm
A noticed a few of you playing online tonight and was wondering how the online play was. I'm really on the fence about buying the game and some good online play would pretty much seal the deal for me.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 9:51am
It's GREAT.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 11:05am
HT has been one of my favorite Live purchases in some time, Jason.

We had a room last night that had 4-5 folks in it, and I thought it played great!  Most of the time the group was fairly close to one another, and there were many, many close finishes that didn't seem forced by obvious catch-up. (Though it is there)  One in particular I remember was when the entire group of five finished with less than one second separating first from fifth!

It runs very smoothly, and even the relative newcomers were able to compete very well with folks who had put in more time.

It's a fun, not-so-serious good time!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 12:36pm
Sounds good. I don't think I'll make it through the weekend without buying this. Does anyone know how many tracks there are?
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 12:52pm
Eight tracks I believe, with a DLC pack with more scheduled down the road.  Paid DLC, I'm assuming.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 12:56pm
Yep, 8 tracks now, and the developers confirmed DLC that is 'not too far off' in an interview.  Expect a pack that contains new tracks and boats...last rumor I heard stated 2 of each.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-05-2010 at 1:28pm
8 tracks with the possibly of more via DLC is good for me. 
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2010 at 11:13am
Post when you grab it, J!  I really can't recommend it enough as I have been enjoying the heck out of it.  First time I re-dressed my avatar for a game, too! Big smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2010 at 4:28pm
You sold me - I just purchased it this afternoon. Having a blast with it so far.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2010 at 5:29pm
Cool, glad you like it!

Beat some of my times to give me something to shoot for, and we'll have to hook up online with it too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>