Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXbox LIVE Update Preview Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program
    Posted: 09-22-2010 at 2:13pm
http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/09/22/xbox-live-update-preview-program.aspx

I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. The Preview Program will give you the chance to check out ESPN on Xbox LIVE, Zune music, Netflix search, the new Xbox LIVE dashboard, and new updates to Zune video and Family Settings on your Xbox 360*.  Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.  Once you complete the survey that is presented to you, the Connect site will notify you immediately if you’ve been accepted.  A couple of points before you head off to register:

• We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good.
  • This is not for Kinect. You will not be receiving a Kinect sensor if you are chosen to participate. 
  • This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
  • To avoid any problems, read the survey carefully and double check all the information your provide. 
  • While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 2:13pm
Xbox LIVE Preview

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview!

Thank you for your interest in participating. We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the program. The program will officially start within the next two weeks. Until then, please be patient and check back on this site often for the latest updates.

Thank you,
Xbox LIVE Beta Administrators

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 2:16pm
Woo Hoo.   Just FYI you do need to know this:

You will not be able to use PARTY CHAT during the preview.  You will be able to use in game chat.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Brent

You will not be able to use PARTY CHAT during the preview.  You will be able to use in game chat.

That kinda sucks...I was about to sign up for it until I read this.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 4:08pm
I'm in with the in crowd...I couldn't resist. You can party chat with others in the preview.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by koebner

You can party chat with others in the preview.

Didn't realize that...I'm in too.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-22-2010 at 5:31pm
Yea I forgot to mention that. Anyone else have a limited Live dashboard?  Pretty much limited to playing games (all of the marketplace stuff was gone). The EA Servers are up fortunately.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2010 at 4:45pm
http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/9/29/previews/77212/

Assuming you're one of the lucky few who received an invite to the Xbox 360 Preview Program from Major Nelson, you should see your system get updated sometime tomorrow. For everyone else, it'll happen sometime within the next few weeks,

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-29-2010 at 9:01pm
Doooh my update is just now loading.  Jason bear with me of you are waiting.

Wow already an update to the update. Like the new flashy intro.

On a related note: Please do not brick my 360, new dashboard thingie. LOL

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-30-2010 at 4:52am
New dash up and running with no issues.ESPN streaming pretty darn smooth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>