Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NBA Elite Delayed - Jam to be released standalone
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNBA Elite Delayed - Jam to be released standalone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NBA Elite Delayed - Jam to be released standalone
    Posted: 09-27-2010 at 8:40pm
http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsinthegame/post/slug/nba-elite-delayed-nba-jam-ships-on-wii-next-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays

27-September-2010

Over the past three years, EA SPORTS development teams have had a laser focus on creating titles packed with innovation and  unsurpassed quality.  The acclaim from fans and critics on most of our titles the past few years makes us proud and it also motivates us to keep getting better.

This year, we set extremely ambitious goals for our new franchise, NBA ELITE.  We are creating a game that will introduce several breakthrough features that have been missing from the basketball genre.   Unfortunately, NBA ELITE 11 is not yet ready and we have made a decision to delay next month’s launch.  We are going to keep working until we’re certain we can deliver a breakthrough basketball experience.

In the meantime, the NBA season is just around the corner and we have a plan to keep our consumers close to the action:

-NBA JAM will launch on the Wii, as scheduled, on October 5. NBA JAM won recognition this summer as the best sports game at E3 and it’s a blast to play. In addition to the Wii version, we’re going to ship NBA JAM as a standalone product on the Xbox360 and PS3 in time for the holidays. Watch for more news soon on the exact timing of that release.

-For NBA LIVE 10 players, we will continue to offer free content and services throughout the 2010-11 season. We will start with a new roster update so you get all the players for the new season, free of charge. We will also provide free Dynamic DNA updates, daily, for the entire season. That’s a full season of basketball with new rosters and updates, free.

The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise.  But ultimately we feel this is the right thing to do.  We’ve been making steady progress on basketball for the past few years and it’s going to take extra time to make the game.

Why make this decision now?  As with all of our titles, we continue to evaluate and improve the code right up until launch.  Feedback from consumers is a very important part of the process .  NBA ELITE had the benefit of play-testing, a demo and a lot of our own research.  All that feedback revealed some concerns about gameplay polish, so we’ve listened to your feedback, and made a judgment that the game would benefit from more time in development.

I want to thank our NBA ELITE development team for their efforts to meet this year’s lofty goals, and we’re behind them as they continue their work.  While no one is happy with this delay, we appreciate the support and ongoing feedback from our fans.  We’ll have more information coming soon.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2010 at 9:18pm
Very smart move by EA and the decision gets a thumbs up from me because now I get roster/DNA updates for NBA Live 10 for the entire 2010-11 season.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2010 at 9:35pm
I just wonder if it will even come out. I think the likelihood of seeing NBA Elite 12 is greater than NBA Elite 11 in the spring. Like you said it is great for NBA Live 10 fans.  The ones who are probably going to get the shaft will be the people wanting to buy NBA Jam for the 360/PS3.  What should amount to an XBL/PSN game will end up being sold at the stores for a hefty price.  The Wii version is $49.99 and that game does not even have online. They can toss in the Wii stuff and boom you have a $49.99 or even full priced game.  Gotta please the stockholders and no NBA $$$ = upset stockholders.  Paying for a license and getting so little in return.

I did throw in a comment for Peter at that link.  Karma is a biotch and that is what he gets for leaving us NCAA BB 10 owners in the cold.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2010 at 9:55pm
LOL Just read your comment on the site. I wonder if Peter Moore will ever see it.

BTW, I'd be shocked if we see Elite 11. The next "sim" NBA game from EA will be Live/Elite 12.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2010 at 5:12am
Does Live 10 use Online Pass?Is it smooth online?
 If I can get it on the cheap and EA will keep up with the rosters I may jump in.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2010 at 6:39am
There's no Online Pass for Live 10, but I think there's a code for the DNA updates that comes with new games.

I've never played it online, but if it plays just as well as NCAA Basketball, then it should be fine. To be honest, I've never had issues with any of EA's games online.

I enjoy Live 10, but NCAA Basketball 10 is a better game IMO.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2010 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

There's no Online Pass for Live 10, but I think there's a code for the DNA updates that comes with new games.

I've never played it online, but if it plays just as well as NCAA Basketball, then it should be fine. To be honest, I've never had issues with any of EA's games online.

I enjoy Live 10, but NCAA Basketball 10 is a better game IMO.

Let's not give EA that much credit. If you recall there were a couple of editions of March Madness/NCAA BB  that were pretty unplayable due to one team being lag free and the other lag city. I forgot if it was the host or the home team that got the advantage but it was noticable.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2010 at 3:29pm
Hell,Madden 11 isn't that smooth online right now,either.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-18-2010 at 8:46am
Live 10 info should be coming today.

blackflash83 tweeted this:

"Giving you guys the heads up. All the info for the NBA LIVE 10 roster update will becoming via a blog on Monday. Be on the lookout for this!"
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-18-2010 at 6:02pm
Here are the details:

18-October-2010

Everyone has been asking what exactly can we expect to see with the NBA LIVE 10 update that was announced? This blog is here to give you all the info that you wanted. NBA LIVE 10 is here for the 2010-2011 season and the game will provide for free updates throughout the entire NBA season. Here’s a list of everything that you can expect to see with the roster update that will be going out on the morning of Wednesday October 20th:

-    All rosters have been updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

-    The 2010-2011 rookie class has been included in the update

-    There will be DNA Updates throughout the NBA Regular season. Expect the first update to arrive two to three weeks after the NBA regular season begins

-    All the player ratings have been updated

There are a few important notes that you should all be aware of regarding the NBA LIVE 10 Update:

-    The new rookie class will not have cyber faces included in the update

-    Rosters may not be 100% accurate with the first update due to NBA teams not having their rosters locked to 15 players. The rosters will be updated again to reflect the final selections made before the regular season begins.

-    Jerseys will not be updated to reflect the 2010-2011 NBA season

-    Stadiums will not be updated

-   Player shoes have not been updated and there will be no shoe updates coming with NBA LIVE 10 this year.

-    There are no scheduled gameplay updates included with the roster update

-    Dynamic Season will not be updated

-    NBA ELITE commentary will not be incorporated into the update.

All of the DNA Roster Updates will be provided for free with NBA LIVE 10 this year. Expect DNA Updates throughout the entire NBA season as well as any important reports to come your way regarding everything NBA from EA SPORTS. See you all again soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>