Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Game Reports Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGame Reports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Reports Thread
    Posted: 04-20-2006 at 10:54am
Originally posted by webdanzer

LOL, Jason.  I remember (back in the days when I went to bed at a decent hour) how annoyed I used to be when the Yanks were on the west coast.  Even the morning paper never carried the results.

Now, those games starting at 10:30 are like the best time for me to watch a game! :)

I still hate when the Yankees are on the west coast, especially when they open the season there Angry.  LOL. I remember buying the NY Daily News and not being able to get the late game sacores. That's why I love the Internet, I can get updated game scores ALL the time.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-24-2006 at 9:27pm
Cleveland at Houston, 05/06/2006

Cliff Lee toiled a 9 inning shutout gem, with 9 K's and no walks, to lead Cleveland to a 3-0 victory.  It was a real pitchers' duel, with the Tribe clinging to a 1-0 lead heading into the top of the ninth.  The Tribe's big sluggers broke out the lumber, as Pronk and Martinez hit back-to-back home runs to seal the deal.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-28-2006 at 10:26am
I think I've figured out why my offense has slowed down recently. I was using the 'Guess Pitch Location' option for every pitch and it was hurting my contact when I guessed incorrectly. I played two offline games without trying to guess the pitch location (or type) at all and my offense came back to life. I'm only going to use the 'Guess Pitch Location' feature in certain situations (which is what I should've done all along).

BTW, I faced Tim Wakefield for the first time last night and couldn't hit his knuckleball at all Angry. I'm glad no one is using Boston in this league.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-28-2006 at 12:04pm
I noticed you were using that...  Not that it matters, but I never touch it.  I have too much to think about while trying not to swing at bad pitches, than to worry about making any guesses! 

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-28-2006 at 12:12pm

I made myself not use it for a whole game (against Jason) and I racked up a lot of hits.  Convinced me to not use it and then I drubbed Web (Wink) 8-4 without it.  What I do like to do is alway make it look like I'm making a guess.  I'll always hold the R2 on every pitch so that my opponent doesn't know when I 'm guessing and when I'm not.  I'll guess in hitters counts and depending on where my baserunners are or who is on base.  I'm actually not consistent with the guess pitch.  And I also don't feel the risk reward is balanced.  With the way the fielding is in this game I think just putting the ball in play hard is the most important thing you can do.  Also I don't really guess pitch nearly as much as I'll guess location.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-28-2006 at 12:18pm
I've only used the 'Guess Pitch' option a handful of times. I'm looking forward to seeing if my hitting stays ontrack against someone online.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2006 at 10:48pm
The Astros and Indians put on an offensive showcase with a combined 45 hits and 24 runs with Houston earning a much-needed 13-11 win over the resilient Indians in a 13-inning marathon.

Cleveland jumped out to an early 3-1 lead but was down 9-4 in the 7th inning. The Indians mounted an impressive comeback which continued into the bottom of the 9th inning when they scored 2 runs to send the game into extra innings. Houston scored two runs in the top of the 11th only to have Cleveland tie the game once again at 11. It wasn't until the 13th inning that Houston was able to hold onto their 13-11 lead and finally win the game.

Great game Kevin. That was one of the most exciting games I've played.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2006 at 11:11pm
45 hits?!

Yowza!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2006 at 12:04am
what a game!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2006 at 12:29pm
Definitely one for the ages!  I was feeling fatigue when we were done!  Smile

To be fair, the wind was definitely blowing out, and it was cool to see that have an impact on the game.  It was like we were at Wrigley, or something!

Big fun...  back and forth from the 8th inning on, like a couple of heavyweights going toe-to-toe...

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>