Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06 Small Details
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06 Small Details

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06 Small Details
    Posted: 04-13-2006 at 10:33pm
I played my first MLB game at Shea Stadium tonight against the Mets and thought it was hilarious to see all of the planes passing by overhead during the game. For those that don't know, Shea Stadium is near (almost right next to it) LaGaurdia Airport and there are ALWAYS planes passing overhead during games. The fact that MLB took this into account is incredible.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 12:46pm
Also one of the nice details in ASB 2003 and beyond...

Wink

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Also one of the nice details in ASB 2003 and beyond...

Wow, I never knew that. Did the Big Apple pop up when a homerun was hit too? As much as I wanted a shutout last night, there was part of me that wanted Seth to score to see if it happened in MLB 06.

Seth, do you know if it happens or not?
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 5:03pm
I may be confusing it with other games, but I do believe the apple comes up after a home run... I wanted to see it too!  David Wright flew out to the warning track what, two, three times?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 7:59pm
Sorry...  I'm an ASB apologist.  I know that series had warts, but no game before or since has captured the essence of baseball like ASB.  That said, I haven't played MLB enough to see all of those things yet.  I really do like MLB, though.  It appears to have the best combination of gameplay and asthetics that I've played in a while (maybe ever).

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Sorry...  I'm an ASB apologist.  I know that series had warts, but no game before or since has captured the essence of baseball like ASB.  That said, I haven't played MLB enough to see all of those things yet.  I really do like MLB, though.  It appears to have the best combination of gameplay and asthetics that I've played in a while (maybe ever).

Kevin

Had it not been for baseballguru and a few other Acclaim employees I might have enjoyed or at least spent more time with the game. Damn you apologists and  forcing us to create ASB police images. Wink

The biggest wart ASB had was it had little to no presenation whatsoever (wee mascots dancing on the top of the dugout), drab colors and at times worked better as a sleeping aid. I did enjoy the last one in the series but the ones on the N64 were the peak of the series for me.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2006 at 7:57am

LOL - I'd forgotten about Acclaim's "mole," Baseballguru...  Smile

To some degree I agree about the presentation, but ASB's announcers were at the time the best ever, IMHO.  They were going for a TV-style presentation, so it wasn't like being in the stadium, or anything. 

There I go apologizing for it again!!!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2006 at 7:59am
I played a game against the CPU at Shea Stadium last night (using the Yankees as the home team Big smile) and didn't hit a single homerun all game Angry. I'm hoping to try again tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2006 at 2:09pm
Yes!!! The Apple does pop up when the home team hits a homerun!!!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-15-2006 at 8:34pm
Meh, those are all still piddly details in comparison to the greatest non-gameplay addition in a baseball game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>