Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden 07 cover to be revealed Thursday night
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden 07 cover to be revealed Thursday night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden 07 cover to be revealed Thursday night
    Posted: 04-19-2006 at 3:20pm

ESPN's SportsCenter to Announce Madden NFL 07 Cover Athlete

Who's on the cover? Find out Thursday!

The upcoming NFL season is not that far in the distance, and Madden NFL 07 kicks off the excitement as the cover athlete for this year's game will be announced live on the 6:00 PM ET edition of SportsCenter on ESPN, this Thursday, April 20.

Tune into SportsCenter to see which NFL star will grace the cover of Madden NFL 07, as well as to see an exclusive interview with the cover athlete, as he talks about Madden, video games, and more. Be sure to kick off your season right by checking out SportsCenter to see the new Madden NFL 07 cover athlete this Thursday!

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2006 at 3:21pm
Please do not let it be Ben, please do not let it be Ben.

Peyton Manning would work. Or any of the Cowboys. Heck Madden is so in love with Brett Farve they should stick him on the cover as a farewell present.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-20-2006 at 3:16pm
Noticed this

Mike Greenberg from ESPN Radios's "Mike & Mike Show" said at the end of the show this morning that the cover athlete (whom he will be interviewing) will either be Big Ben, Shaun Alexander, LaDanian Tomlinson or Hines Ward.

I have my money on Hines Ward. There has never been a white boy (outside of Madden) on the cover of the game. I think a white guy on the cover would cause massive rioting in the "baller community."

Of course no white guy = yet another conspiracy thread by fans of Peyton Manning. Can't find that article but it was absolutely hillarious.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-20-2006 at 8:24pm
My apologies go out to Seattle fans...

NFL MVP SHAUN ALEXANDER SELECTED FOR COVER OF EA’S MADDEN NFL 07
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 20, 2006 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that NFL MVP and NFC Champion running back Shaun Alexander will appear on the cover of Madden NFL 07, the newest iteration of the EA SPORTS™ best-selling football franchise with the official videogame license of the NFL and its players. With this year’s focus on the running game, Alexander is the perfect representative for the cover of the most popular football videogame franchise. Last year Madden NFL 06 sold more than six million copies

Also the Madden site is live for 07

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-20-2006 at 8:29pm
Seeing as I haven't played a Madden game in two years, I'm kinda anxious to see what they offer in '07.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-20-2006 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Jason

Seeing as I haven't played a Madden game in two years, I'm kinda anxious to see what they offer in '07.

Well the cover tends to dictate some of what you might see.

Ray Lewis - Emphasis on D
Mcnabb - Vision Cone

Maybe they will put an emphasis on the getting the running game up to par. Or at the very least close to what 2K5 offers me. Where you feel more like a running back and less like a pinball and offensive linemen that actually block instead of sucking you into that space time continuum they all posses. Every year I give Madden a chance and will do the same with 07. If things stay the same then I will already have that style of play, graphics and overall feel with NCAA, but with the added atmosphere, hundreds of teams just to name a few. Might end up living with ESPN NFL 2K5 and a roster update for one more year.

slippy627 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote slippy627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2006 at 4:57pm
long live nfl 2k5!
 Post Reply Post Reply