Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Pre-E3 Next Gen Console status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPre-E3 Next Gen Console status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre-E3 Next Gen Console status
    Posted: 05-01-2006 at 4:31pm
Just getting an idea what people are looking at pre-E3 and then what changes come after E3 ends. I will create a thread for that after the show ends.

I still have the plans of going (HD) next gen in spring 2007. No desire to buy a launch PS3 or an Xbox 360 until the price drops and the new CPU is in place. The Revolution is the only system I will consider picking up in 2006. I would also keep the Xbox around until 2007. My current plans are a two console future, assuming the Wii is as innovative as I hope it will be.

1. Revolution - If it is below $200 and has a few really inovative sports games at launch I will pick it up at launch or for Christmas.

2. PS3 - Ahead of the 360 right now but E3, Sony sports games, the controller and pricing will be very importaint.

or

3. Xbox 360 - Depends on what the PS3 offers.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2006 at 7:30pm
Pre E3

1.  Most interested in PS3 mostly because I know the least about it, but also because I generally found the PS2's library to be far better suited to my tastes than the Xbox.

2.  Xbox 360, but really only to see what they do with FSX on it.  Not a single release so far has interested me for more than a couple of days except Oblivion and I have that on PC.

3.  Not interested in the Revolution at this point.

In reality I'll probably be the last to go next gen here and I'll probably just wait to see what Jason gets because I know he'll probably just get one console.  I like playing with all the regulars here, but I know in reality the rest of the group will get both the 360 and PS3 at some point.  I think Kev might go 1 console, but I can see him sliding in with Jason and me.  He's been a huge xbox fan, but the fact that he cancelled his Live subscription make me think he'll just as easily go PS3.

I guess in the end it will be who gets what and I'll go with what I can continue my online play here.

Brent, you can post a brokeback picture to my reply if you want.  I think they are hilarious.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2006 at 7:44pm
Pre E3:

1. PS3 (surprise!!!Wink) - I've been happy with Sony's last two consoles and will be interested in what they can do with the most powerful console for a change. The addition of a Blu-ray DVD player is quite intriguing too.

2. Xbox360 - The little interest I did had in the Xbox360 has died down for numerous reasons like all of the defective units, the announcement of a new chip next year, an add-on HD-DVD player and underwhelming next-gen graphics.

3. Nintendo Wii - I have absolutely no interest in the Wii and can guarantee that I'll feel the same way after E3. I'm not a fan of first-party Nintendo games and because of that have no reason to own one of their consoles.

Whatever system Ted buys would also be a big factor in which system I buy and right now he seems to be leaning towards the PS3 too.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-01-2006 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

In reality I'll probably be the last to go next gen here and I'll probably just wait to see what Jason gets because I know he'll probably just get one console. 

Originally posted by Jason

Whatever system Ted buys would also be a big factor in which system I buy and right now he seems to be leaning towards the PS3 too.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2006 at 12:06am
ShockedLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply