Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Using the SGN Calendar?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUsing the SGN Calendar?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using the SGN Calendar?
    Posted: 05-05-2006 at 10:25am
I've noticed that no one has been using the site calendar for their scheduled games and I'd like to get your opinion on how the calendar should be used.

Basically, when you create a new post, you'll notice that a Calendar Event line at the top of the 'Post New Topic' box. By selecting a date you automatically make the post a calendar event that is displayed on the SGN calendar (see Calendar FAQs). The post can be edited and replied to just like any other post with the only difference being that it's displayed as a link on the calendar.

My question is, should I create a new forum (eg. Calendar Events) just for items you'd like to have displayed on the calendar? For example, I scheduled a baseball game with Ted on Wednesday that we're going to play tonight (Friday) at 9:30pm and I'd like to add it to the calendar as a reminder for the both of us but didn't want a random post in the MLB forum showing Astros @ Mariners especially when we use the 'Availability and Match Arrangements' thread to schedule games.

Maybe I could create a calendar thread (instead of a forum) for each league that we could use to list our games. I'd also like the ability to see when other guys in the league are playing their games too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-05-2006 at 10:56am
Honestly, I just forgot it was there.  I'll start using it.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-05-2006 at 11:00am
I leaning toward putting a thread in each league forum that we can use to enter our scheduled games.
 Post Reply Post Reply