Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Post E3 Conference Next Gen Plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPost E3 Conference Next Gen Plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post E3 Conference Next Gen Plans
    Posted: 05-10-2006 at 4:54pm
So after all that has been said what changed in your next gen console plans.

The original Pre-E3 Post is here.

I am pulling a 360. PS3 is far to expensive and knowing Sony we will not see a price drop for years to come. The only thing that could change is if Sony sees a backlash to the price point they set. With the 20GB unit being so crippled I would only consider the 60GB unit.

1. Xbox 360 - Once the new CPU comes out in January I will be purchasing this system. Done deal and hopefully a price drop to boot, though Sony's price point might have MS keeping their console where it is and I can't really blame them. Online gaming is not a selling point for me. It also appears Winning Eleven Pro Evolution 2007 will not be coming to the Xbox. I have no desire to purchase a PS2 for a couple games and this swayed me the most. I will just keep enjoying the Xbox library and upcoming titles until the new CPU arrives. Which should be right in line with WE Pro Evo 2007 being released in the US January 2007.

2. Wii - Due to the graphics shown this has dropped a little in book. I was expecting above Xbox graphics and most games so far look far under that. Price will be the biggest factor for me. If the Wii is under $200 and the sports games get good reviews I might make this next gen console #2.

3. PS3 - What needs to be said that has not been said already? You had me Sony and then you let me go inthe last couple minutes of your conference.

Now back to being an Xbox/Xbox360 whore.

New logo design for SGN

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 9:50am
Don't everyone join in all at once. LOL

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:03am
I have a bunch of responses to your posts (most of them smartass remarks Wink), but have been so busy and haven't had time to comment yet. I really do like SGN/Xbox thingy you made. I'm considering stealing it for real.

For the record, I have no interest in ANY of the new consoles. I never had any interest in the Wii and still don't. I'm a little disappointed in the PS3 pricing and am still trying to figure out if a rumble feature is built into their new controllers. Like Sony, Microsoft's shown me nothing that has blown me away on the Xbox 360 either.

I plan on enjoying my PS2 with hopefully cheaper games over the next year.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:09am
The rumble feature has been removed from the PS3 controller. They claim it messes up the motion sensor device but could have alot to do with that lawsuit they lost regarding the rumble feature.

I will hang on to the Xbox as long as I can. Winning Eleven will be the big factor on when I get the 360. It pisses me off there won't be an Xbox version but it's never been a big seller on it. It will be nice to play it on the 360 where you do not have to deal with the B/W buttons. Plus I would like to see what they plan on doing with MVP 07 and if it will be on the 360.

Plenty of current gen left for me.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:18am
As of now, Sony's MLB series will play a HUGE role in what console I buy next. Also, it seems that Madden for the PS3 will not be a port of the Xbox 360 version after reading the IGN interview with Steve Chiang (IGN link).

I agree, I think the removal of the rumble feature was due to the lawsuit only.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Jason

Also, it seems that Madden for the PS3 will not be a port of the Xbox 360 version after reading the IGN interview with Steve Chiang (IGN link).

Saw that and is noted on the first post in the Madden 07 thread. Wink

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 11:07am
Found this at GAF

http://e3.blogs.nytimes.com/

After Resistance, Sony trotted out Warhawk, the coming PS3 remake of the 1996 PlayStation One game of the same name. Set in a science-fiction war zone, Warhawk is the first game to make public use of Sony’s own kinetic controller, which mimics the Wii device. Unfortunately for Sony, the admission by one of the Warhawk developers that his team got its hands on the new controller less than two weeks ago reinforced the impression that Sony only added motion-sensitive technology at the last minute in a hasty attempt to match Nintendo.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 11:58am
I'm sure Sony did add the motion-sensor technology in reponse to Nintendo, but I don't really care. It's a nice addition and shows how competition can make the products we buy better.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 12:43pm
It's going to be a 360 for me all the way (as if there were any doubt!)...  The PS3 price, and their utter arrogance just really turned me off.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply