Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Tournament FAQs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTournament FAQs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tournament FAQs
    Posted: 01-25-2006 at 7:24pm

Q. What is the the first thing I need to do to compete in a Tournament?

A. You must first create an account on the Ladder & Tournament Site by clicking on the 'Register' link at the top of the page even if you have an account on our forum. We recommend that you use the same username as your forum username. Once you create your account, you will be able to log into the Ladder & Tournament site and join a tournament.

Q. Once I create my account, how do I join a specific tournament?

A. Once you have created an account, you can just click on the Tournament Name (listed on the home page) that you want to join. An Options Box will appear and offer you a choice to either 'Join Tournament' or 'Submit Results'. You should choose 'Join Tournament' and click on the Submit button to request entry into the tournament.

An email notification will automatically be sent to the tournament admin who will then approve your entry into the tournament. Once this is done, your username will appear in the tournament bracket.

Q. What is the process of playing and submitting results for a Tournament?

A. Game days and times can be arranged in the Gaming Ladders, Leagues & Tournaments forum.

The WINNER only reports game results:

• Click on the Tournament Name (listed on the home page) that you want to report the results for. An Options Box will appear and offer you the choice to either 'Join Tournament' or 'Submit Results'. You should choose 'Submit Results'.
  • You will then choose the usernames of the Winner and Loser of the game from the drop-down boxes, type in the results and click on the 'Submit' button to submit the results to the tournament admin.

An email notification will automatically be sent to the tournament admin who will then approve your submitted results and update the tournament bracket.

Q. How do I update/change my account information?

A. Enter your Locker (Member Control Panel) and click on the 'Edit Profile' link. Make any changes/updates necessary and click on the 'Submit' button.

Q. What if the results of a Tournament game were incorrectly submitted or there is a dispute over the outcome of a game?

A. Send an email to jason@sportsgamingnation.com with the correct information and game results along with the tournament name.

For disputes, we will listen to both opponents and any proof supplied to us would be helpful/useful. Anyone caught cheating will have their account deleted and be prohibited from playing in tournaments at SGN.

Post Reply Post Reply