Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The "I've got NCAA Football 07" Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "I've got NCAA Football 07" Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "I've got NCAA Football 07" Thread
    Posted: 07-19-2006 at 7:06am
One more good thing I forgot to mention: you can actually complete most passes to your runningbacks (HB and FB) in the backfield and it's up to you to break some tackles and setup a good blocking scheme to gain yards. The ball would usually bounce off the heads of the runningbacks in previous versions. It's actually fun to run screens this year and it adds another dimension to the offense.

Also, 'Precision Passing' is in the game but not mentioned anywhere in the manual. You'll see a 'Precision Pass' icon popup on the screen when you use the feature.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 10:19am
EA really needs to work on getting a manual that is actually useful.

Loving the game, I just want some rosters so I can start my Campus Legend.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 1:43pm
Brent,

Did you get the free strategy guide at Circuit City? The one I went to didn't have any but they made a note on my receipt so I can get one for free when they're available.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Jason

Brent,

Did you get the free strategy guide at Circuit City? The one I went to didn't have any but they made a note on my receipt so I can get one for free when they're available.

Picked mine up when I reserved it.  Makes for good bathroom reading material. Most team information but there are some strategies in there. Can't really complain since it was free.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 1:50pm
I'm sitting in my office counting down the hours until I can play NCAA again . I stayed up past midnight playing last night and that's late for me on a work night.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 1:55pm
The more I use the kicking meter the less I like it. Not as much the meter itself or the analog stick but the limitations. Apparently in EA's mind all field goals should be kicked low enough to give the defense an opporitunity to block it? You can raise the arrow up but that will just make an already short FG or Punt even shorter. Although I raised it all the way up on a kickoff (that was against the wind) just to get some air underneath it. Hit it "great" and the ball shot up like Tiger Woods hitting a Sand Wedge. Went 25 yards and one of my guys was able to run under it for what they announced was an onside recovery.

The onside kick does not feel right either. I have always been of the school that you hit the top of the ball and it bounces a few times and takes a big hop. I did kick up to high school and had to practice onside kicks plenty. I just can't get that to happen when practicing it in the game.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 2:01pm

I started liking the kicking meter last night after I figured out how to use it correctly. I haven't tried onside kicks yet because most of my games will be against Ted and I'll probably have the lead anyway .

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2006 at 9:11pm
It's official - I absolutely hate the kick and punt return camera!!!  I can't believe that EA did not offer an option to change it and even though I have the 'Impact Camera' turned off, I still get a zoomed camera about once every two games during a big play (usually a pickoff). Other than those two issues, I'm loving this game.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2006 at 11:12am
Care to elaborate?  I get the power part, but how does that accuracy reticule-thingy work?  I have a hard time with directional kicking.

Oh, for what it's worth, I think this version is much better than 2006, at least so far.  I've got a couple of concerns, but I want to play a few more games to get a better feel.  It's real nice to be able to complete a pass, though! 

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2006 at 11:56am
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Care to elaborate?  I get the power part, but how does that accuracy reticule-thingy work?  I have a hard time with directional kicking.

It's relative to the direction of the kick. If you angle a kickoff for example to the right it move the accuracy bar also. For more accuracy you have to move the analog stick in an angled direction (in this case back in a south-western direction then up and to a nort-eastern direction). How much of an angle is based on how far you move the directional arrow. I don't know if it mentions this in the game but it does in the guide.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>