Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: New rule for gaming at the Doughty house
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew rule for gaming at the Doughty house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rule for gaming at the Doughty house
    Posted: 08-06-2006 at 6:06pm
No more non-sports game related purchases for me.  Going to go cold turkey and stick with only sports games and racing games. I just keep blowing money on them and getting bored with them after a couple hours. Just going to stick with playing the flash games for my shooting fix because when I lose intrest so quickly I won't be out a chunk of change.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2006 at 6:20pm
I'm getting much better at only buying what I'm going to be playing, too...

Ironically, aside from NCAA 2007, I'm not playing much Xbox.  I'm into OOTP and WWSM at the moment on the PC...

kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2006 at 6:23pm
I know exactly what you're talking about. I currently have GTA3, Vice City, Prince of Persia, SOCOM I and Sly Cooper sitting on my shelf and have put less than an hour into each one. I've also put very little time into SOCOM II, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and SOCOM III.

Surprisingly, I'm still considering picking up 'God of War' and the new 'Tomb Raider' .
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-06-2006 at 8:08pm
Forgot something and had to ammend the rule. I meant racing GAME. Only one racing game out at a time. I tend to tire of them pretty quickly but they are a nice break from team sports games.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-07-2006 at 8:58am
I'm going the other way, actually, in that sports games just aren't doing much for me anymore.  Discounting racing, which I still like,  baseball is the only game I still enjoy vs the cpu, and baseball and hockey are the only ones I enjoy multiplayer.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2006 at 8:16pm
They say rules are made to be broken. In my case I should simply stop making rules as I change my mind more then the average joe. 

A couple games were in the baring bin that tempted me out of my non-sports boycott.  Both were games I wanted to try but not pay ful price for when released. The first was Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude which I have been wanting to try since I have beaten all the PC versions of the LSL series.  The other is Shattered Union which is a RTS about the nuclear destruction of Washington DC and seperation of groups of states. I just had to play a game where I could take the Republic of Texas and dominate the rest of America.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2006 at 8:24pm
I'll take the under on 3 days until you second-guess your decision .
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2006 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Jason

I'll take the under on 3 days until you second-guess your decision .

To be fair at least I am spending my time PLAYING GAMES.  Same pissing matches from the same people about the same things. They could just roll back the forum a year and it would be the same stuff. Who really cares if someone else is enjoying or dissapointed with a game. How in the world does it affect your enjoyment?  Gee Bill Abner prefers the Xbox to the 360 version now, which I think he has changed his mind already a couple times. I like Bill and all but the man could suck the fun out of a banana split on a warm summer day.  It's almost like some people can only truly enjoy a game if other "specific" posters enjoy it too.

DSP is slowly grinding into what (edit) SR (/edit) became, it just takes longer since there is not a schizophrenic, button pushing, Gameday loving tool at the helm. I swear if Jim Jones was alive today he would need one hell of a bigger batch of Kool-Aid for some of these lemmings.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-19-2006 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Brent

DSP is slowly grinding into what SGN became

I hope that was a typo . Oh yeah, I agree completely with the rest of your post.

BTW, stop linking to hostile forums or I'll be forced to ban you .

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2006 at 11:05am
Ooops yea I meant Sports Reviewers. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>