Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden Player Ratings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden Player Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden Player Ratings
    Posted: 08-10-2006 at 5:19pm
For a few top players on each team.

Puts on Bill Maher hat...

New Rule.

You can't have a 99 rating at QB unless you win a Super Bowl (see Payton Manning). There is also the Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien/Doug Johnson clause that reminds you that winning a Super Bowl does not make you a 99 rated player.

New Rule #2

Just because a player has an amazing year do not overcompensate his ratings (Larry Johnson - 96).  Reminder to EA... He did play at Penn St, there is still a large chance of a burnout.

I remember the 70's and early 80's when you could have faith in a Penn St RB at draft time.  Like Franco Harris, John Cappelletti and my personal favorite Curt Warner (yea I know a Steeler is on the list but I always enjoyed watching Curt play and he played more in my era of being old enough to understand what he was doing). Take away that season ending injury he had with his ACL early on and he could have put up some special numbers.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply