Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Ladder FAQs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLadder FAQs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ladder FAQs
    Posted: 01-25-2006 at 7:26pm
Q. What is the the first thing I need to do to compete in Ladder games?

A. You must first create an account on the Ladder & Tournament Site by clicking on the 'Register' link at the top of the page even if you have an account on our forum. We recommend that you use the same username as your forum username. Once you create your account, you will be able to log into the Ladder & Tournament site and join ladders.

Q. Once I create my account, how do I join a specific ladder?

A. Once you have created an account, you can just click on the Ladder Name (listed on the Ladder home page) that you want to join. An Options Box will appear and offer you a choice to either 'Join/Quit' the ladder or 'Report a Win'. You should choose 'Join/Quit' to automatically join the ladder. Your username will name appear on the ladder.

Q. What is the process of playing and submitting results for a Ladder game?

A. The Ladder Site follows a "Report/Confirm" process. You can arrange a Ladder game on the Online Gaming forum. After the game you have played your game:

The Winner ONLY will 'Report a Win':

• Click on the Ladder Name (listed on the Ladder home page) that you played your game for. An Options Box will appear and offer you the choice to either 'Join/Quit' the ladder or 'Report a Win'. Click on 'Report a Win' and enter your opponent, game date, game time and the result (team names and score).
  • Your opponent will automatically be sent an email with your submitted game results. You will have to wait for your opponent to confirm the loss before the Ladder stats are updated. All unconfirmed games will appear on the bottom of the home page and all of your unconfirmed games only will appear in your Locker (Member Control Panel).

The Loser ONLY will 'Confirm Loss' after the results are submitted by the Winner:

• The Loser must log into the Ladder site (if he's not logged in already) and enter their Locker (Member Control Panel) and choose 'Confirm Loss' next to the game listed under 'Pending Confirmations'.
  • On the 'Report a Loss' screen, you will click on the checkbox next to the winner's name and submit the results (team names and score) to confirm the loss and automatically update the ladder stats.

Q. How can I view all of my unconfirmed games?

A. All unconfirmed games will appear on the bottom of the home page and all of your unconfirmed games only will appear in your Locker (Member Control Panel) under 'Pending Confirmations'.

Q. How can I view the standings for a particular Ladder?

A. Just click on the name of the Ladder you want to see the standings for from the Ladder Homepage.

Q. How can I view all the games played on a Ladder?

A. Click on the Ladder name that you are interested in and choose the 'View Completed Games' link at the bottom.

Q. How can I view only the games I'm involved in?

A. Enter your Locker (Member Control Panel) click on the 'History' link to see all the Ladder games you are/were involved in.

You can also click on the Filter image in front of your name on the Ladder Game Results screen to show only the games you've played in for that particular ladder.

Q. How are points calculated for wins and losses?

A. Winner Points = (Loser's ranking * WinPercent) * ((Point Ceiling - Source Rank)/ Point Ceiling)
Loser Points = (-30 * (Winner's rank / Loser's rank)) * ((Point ceiling - Winner rank )/ Point ceiling)

So what does this mean?

The winner gets a percentage of the other person's rank, and it is scaled asymptotically towards the ceiling score. So if you beat a 1000 point person at 5% -- at a score of zero points, you will get the full five percent. At a score of 9000 (with a ceiling of 10,000), you'll only get 1/10th of 5%, and at 9999 points, you will get maybe at best, one point to take you to the ceiling of 10000

A loser loses a _maximum_ of thirty points, but you lose more points if you lose to a lower ranked person (again the ceiling coming into play).

Q. How do I update/change my account information?

A. Enter your Locker (Member Control Panel) and click on the 'Edit Profile' link. Make any changes/updates necessary and click on the 'Submit' button.

Q. What if the results of a Ladder game were incorrectly submitted or there is a dispute over the outcome of a game?

A. Send an email to leagues@sportsgamingnation.com with the correct information and game results along with the Ladder name and Ladder Game ID (This can be found when viewing the completed Ladder games).

For disputes, we will listen to both opponents and any proof supplied to us would be helpful/useful. Anyone caught cheating will have their account deleted and be prohibited from playing on the Ladders at SGN.

Post Reply Post Reply