Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The Dynasty Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Dynasty Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dynasty Thread
    Posted: 11-02-2006 at 11:58am
Now pitching for the New York Mets, number thirty-four, Seth Berkowitz!  I finally made the bigs!  Pitched two scoreless innings in relief against the Giants, and am now making my first start against the Marlins.  Career mode is strange, in that you're not in charge of team decisions and player movement.  The Mets made some strange moves in the offseason, signing Pedro Martinez to a new 7-year (!) contract, letting David Wright go, signing Griffey to play center and moving Beltran over to right, etc.  Glavine retired.  And Sal Fassano is catching me today.  Bizarre.  Still really fun though.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2006 at 9:21am
MLB '06: The Show (Hall of Fame, PSP)

2008 Mets, rookie season for pitcher Seth Berkowitz.  0-0 record with a 4.15 ERA.  No-decision in my first start, and may be heading towards one in my second as well.

NHL 07 (Superstar, 360)

New York Rangers: 5-3

NCAA '07 (Heisman. 360)

Army Black Knights: 2-0

I was actually trying to sell NCAA '07 last week, 'cause I got bored of playing on All-American and Heisman just seemed totally unfair to me (and I refuse to tweak sliders these days), but then I was at a restaurant where the Army/Air Force game was on, and it inspired me to give it another go with Army.  They've got my favorite color scheme with the black and gold, they're terrible (so constantly losing would be 'realistic'), and since I didn't go to a division 1 school, they've got a less regionally specific appeal... though I did grow up fairly close to West Point.  Anyway I had two GREAT games with them on Heisman... I found that if I weathered the early storm, I could usually fight my way back into the game.  And there is something about NCAA 360... I can't put my finger on why I think it looks so much better than Madden.  It may be the lighting, maybe how they don't blur out the croud like they do in Madden... but it's a gorgeous game.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-11-2006 at 11:18pm
Well, I finished my Zips' regular season.  I'm 7-5, 6-2 in conference.  I lost a tie-breaker in the MAC East to Ohio, so I'm out of the championship game.  I was 6-0, and controlled my own fate, but laid a serious egg against both Ohio and West. Michigan. 

I did end up in the New Orleans bowl, though, and I'll be facing off against 6-6 UTEP.  I achieved two of my three goals by beating Cant State and getting a bowl bid.  I also landed a 4* OT, a 3* OG, and a 3* SS during in-season recruiting, but lost out on a 4* CB (which I desparately needed!).  Looking forward to the bowl game and my favorite part - off-season recruiting!  Hopefully, I'll get to that tomorrow...

Kevin
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-03-2006 at 9:30pm
NCAA '07 (Heisman, 360)

Finished my first season with the Army Black Knights. Went 10-3, earned a spot in the Emerald Bowl (where I lost a heartbreaker to Florida International), and had a fullback win the Heisman. Who knew?

Season results:

@ Arkansas State, W 38-33
vs. Kent State, W 28-25
@ Texas A&M, W 30-7
@ Baylor, W 38-13
vs. Rice, W 38-23
vs. 1AA East, W 45-3
@ Connecticut, W 56-35
vs. TCU, W 34-31 OT
@ Tulane, L 10-31 (that dome intimidated me)
vs. Air Force, W 28-0 (take that, flyboys!)
@ Notre Dame, L 21-45
@ Navy, W 27-20 OT (this was an awesome game)
vs. FIU (Emerald Bowl), L 28-31

Bumped Army's prestige from an 'F' up to a 'D'. Fullback Erik Woods won the Heisman... the beneficiary of countless dump-offs. He had 154 receptions for 1733 yards and 17 TD's on the season. Year two should be interesting... I've got a 'B+' for strength of schedule.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2006 at 12:57pm
Okay time to restart mine with the 360 games Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
inuyasha View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote inuyasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2006 at 1:25pm
NCAA 07 XBOX 360:

Currently 5-2 with Florida State.  I scheduled all non conference games vs. top ranked opponents on the road.  Only losses so far was a comeback victory to NC State and a blowout vs ND.

I can't put this game down.  I like playing as Fla State, but there are so many teams that I would like to try.  I can see myself playing this game until the next one is out.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2006 at 6:46pm
I need to get my Madden and NHL season's started again. The craziness of the holidays has taken up most of my free time at the moment though.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2006 at 9:32pm
Edit: found a buyer for Madden.  Having too much fun with NCAA right now. Will run multiple dynasties in NCAA & CH2K7.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-07-2006 at 1:32pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-08-2006 at 11:23pm
NJ Devils win a tough shootout on the road against Colorado 8-6. The Devils now stand at the top of division at 5-1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>