Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The Dynasty Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Dynasty Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dynasty Thread
    Posted: 12-12-2006 at 3:53pm
Okay restarting this and getting it straight... Had a 31-0 victory in my first OU Dynasty but it got to the end of the game and I got a stupid dirty disc error. Start it from scratch.  Going to pass on doing all the bowl games this year.

NCAA 07: OU Dynasty (Preseason)

CH 2K7: OU Legacy (2W-0L)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2006 at 9:56am
Woo hoo!

The Army Black Knights have broken into the top 25 rankings, debuting at #24 after a triple overtime victory at Clemson.  I'm currently 5-1 in the second season of my dynasty.  So fun!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2006 at 6:56pm
Well keep em updated for me. I loaned my 360 to a friend to concentrate on starting my own business. I am sure when NCAA 08 hits I will be asking for it back. Embarrassed

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2006 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Brent

I loaned my 360 to a friend to concentrate on starting my own business.

Congrats and good luck. Care to share any details?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:06pm
Going to do the Computer Service thing full time. Just time to be my own boss. Plus it makes it alot cheaper to do everything on-site.

Spyware - Virus Repair
Computer Repair (though I try to limit this due to possible warranty issues with other vendors parts)
Software training
Web Design

Going to go heavy on advertising in the paper and other resources.

www.bmd123.com   (just purchased it so no updates yet)

There is a reason behind the URL for future plans. Still it is short and easy to remember.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:17pm
Congrats Brent. Feel free to bounce any ideas or issues off me as I've been in the business for over 15 years now (am I really that old?!?).

Are you targeting businesses or home users?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:28pm
Both

Business for the Website Design.
Mainly home users for the Virus & Spyware. Though I have worked on some computers where the companies are small and do not have an IT guy.

I have been doing this part time for quite awhile and the biggest customer base is the older people (50+) who do not want to unplug their computer to send it off to be worked on.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Brent

I have been doing this part time for quite awhile and the biggest customer base is the older people (50+) who do not want to unplug their computer to send it off to be worked on.

I hope you have more patience than I do WinkLOL.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Jason

I hope you have more patience than I do WinkLOL.

Most frustrating customers I ever had are my own parents (no charge of course). They are a step below, in computer IQ, to the episode where Homer could not find the "any" key.

The ones I always enjoy are where parents have me clean up their kids computer. Just seeing the dropped jaw as they see all the content I remove. It's even better when the parents have their kid in with them.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-19-2006 at 2:53pm
The only computer I work on (besides the ones I own) is my parent's computer and I make sure they don't download or install anything without my knowledge. You should put the free version of LogMeIn on their machine for easy remote access.

My wife is no longer allowed to tell people that I work in the IT field. If asked, I tell her to say that I'm a bounty hunter LOL (or a hitman).

I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting items on the computers you clean. With the advent of digital cameras, everyone believes they're a photographer for Playboy magazine. I can't even begin to tell you how many "interesting" pictures I've come across in the past years.

I still get the occassional home computer that belongs to the kids of some of my bigger clients. It's a good thing that I'm an honest guy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>