Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: My Xbox is no more
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy Xbox is no more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Xbox is no more
    Posted: 10-30-2006 at 7:10pm
All this time and not a single disc error.  I go to play some Madden and it will not even bring up the Microsoft screen. None of the games will load.

Now I have to figure out what to do. I do not feel like shelling out more money for a new or used Xbox but that is always an option.

I am thinking about doing one of those videos where I drive over it with my truck, over and over and over. Angry

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-30-2006 at 7:18pm
I'm knocking on wood as I say this, but I've never had a console die on me. I still have a functioning Commodore VIC-20, NES, Genesis, PS1 and 2 PS2's. My working Atari 2600 go lost during a move in the early 90's.

I sympathize for your situation because I don't know whether I'd buy another Xbox or just go for a 360 at this point. Are the Xbox games you own BC on the 360?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-30-2006 at 8:00pm
You are lucky with the console success and hope it stays that way for you. I have had 3 Dreamcasts, two PS2s and two Xbox go bad.  Never had any problem with the Gamecube.  We have alot of dust here which probably does not help things. Of course I never had any of my older systems break (from PSX all the way back to the 2600).

None of the games are BC. I will probably just donate them if I go another route, since sports games get so little in trade.

I was kinda hoping to stay with the Xbox through the winter.  Guess I can always wait for the PS3 and Wii to launch and see how it all plays out.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-30-2006 at 8:30pm
or

You could buy a PS2 so I can kick your ass online along with Ted's. I'll be playing my PS2 for quite some time.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-30-2006 at 8:36pm
I'll be playing PS2 for awhile myself.  Be glad to add you to the online crowd, Brent.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-31-2006 at 7:03am
Normally you must suspect a disc drive that's crapped out,but if it won't boot to the MS dashboard it probably ain't worth fixing.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-31-2006 at 1:30pm
That sucks, man... if the 360 backwards compatibility was up to snuff, I'd give you mine.  But I still pop in Mercenaries, ESPN NFL 2K5 and MVP NCAA '06 with some regularity.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-31-2006 at 2:28pm
No PS2 for me. Already bought my share of those.  Kind of in limbo right now on what to do.

petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2006 at 8:58am
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-02-2006 at 9:34am
Originally posted by petes-24

Dilbert feels your pain:

LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>