Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Any my new console is...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny my new console is...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any my new console is...
    Posted: 11-04-2006 at 10:11pm
I liked Risk when I was a kid and I'm pretty sure I have the board game somewhere in my house. I may have to try Advace Wars 2 for the GBA.

Brent, I'm glad you were able to solve your gaming problem without having to break the bank and go next-gen. I have to admit that I'm interested in hearing how the DS holds up for you. One of the main reasons I haven't bought a PSP yet is because I'm waiting for the updated version that Sony has talked about.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2006 at 10:49am
For me it was less about the money then it was in principle.  Just seeing all the threads about game patches, microtransactions, broken consoles, higher priced games, gimped games (compared to current gen), etc. since launch curbed my next-gen desires.

I want to buy a game that works, "Out of the box."  As much as people love XBL and the ability to "patch" games, to me it is becoming more of a crutch for developers. That is why I am going with the Wii. Complete games for $49.99 and the only selling of goods are classic games (NES, SNES, N64, Sega) for their "Virtual Console."  I am almost at the point of saying F*** the 360 and PS3 if this is the way they continue to do business. If it means sacrificing my beloved college games for a year, so be it.

As for a handheld I have always wanted to keep one but the back lighting options always drove me away (those light worms on the GB and horrid angle lighting on the GBA SP). The DS Lite screens are just what I always wanted.

I absolutely love Advance Wars DS so far. The humor is not exactly my style but fits the game. I get a good laugh when I see a RAWK, or similar prepubescent term thrown out.  I wish I could play it today but I have to drive to Perryton and back (4 hours both ways). Sonic Rush was really fun, especially the first boss but it takes getting used to a game that is being played on two screens at once.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2006 at 10:59am
Forgot to add.  You know EA is getting bad when Major Nelson gets agitated about it to comment on it. Especially when he is the #1 Microtransaction shill MS has on their team.

Major Nelson said:

I spend much of last week commenting on this...and I'll talk more about how I feel on my show this week.

Also, I *JUST* got off a plane from the east coast, so it will take me a while to catch up on all the comments that were posted since I have been offline, so pardon me of I was not able to comment on this.

It's still unclear to me: *IS* this content available on other platforms within the games? If so, then no..I am not happy about this. I need to do more digging on this, but I have sent off some rather terse emails to some folks to get to the bottom of this. I am also not happy about you guys not being happy.

November 2, 2006 9:46 PM [Direct Link]

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-05-2006 at 5:28pm
Well halfway there. Now just another 4 short hours back to Lubbock. Thumbs%20Up

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2006 at 8:31pm
Added one last game to the collection, for now, and it was a pain to find.

Too many people saying good things about this one. Just glad I was able to find it as it was on my list of games to get when I picked up the DS but the shelves at EB & GS did not have it, new or used.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2006 at 8:54pm
Looks like Christmas came early for you this year Wink.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2006 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Jason

Looks like Christmas came early for you this year Wink.

That reminded me of this video.

But yes it has been an enjoyable past few days.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2006 at 9:07pm
That was hilarious. It even had my wife laughing out loud LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12