Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: New owner of a Xbox 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew owner of a Xbox 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New owner of a Xbox 360
    Posted: 11-16-2006 at 11:03pm
Brent,

Does the 360 version of NCAA have the zoomed in camera on special teams and momentum-changing plays?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Jason

Brent,

Does the 360 version of NCAA have the zoomed in camera on special teams and momentum-changing plays?
Amazon is currently running a poll for which sale they should run on Black Friday and will offer the winning choice for purchase on that day. The Xbox 360 Core for $199 now has 88.1% of the votes and will most likely win.

Temptation is building...
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Brent

I went with the Core because I prefer a wired controller to wireless.

I just have to ask: why do you prefer a wired controller to wireless?
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 11:01am
I'm curious to hear what you think of NCAA... I've played it probably more than maybe any football game in years...maybe neck and neck with 2K5.  It's even got me paying attention to college football for the first time.

I also recommend Test Drive, which can probably be found for pretty cheap.  It's a unique game, and offers some great sightseeing.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Jason

Brent,

There is no zoomed in camera on special teams, you also are not able to go into 3rd person mode on those plays. Do not recall seeing any on momentum plays or with a Superstar but I am only a few hours into the game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Zeppo

I just have to ask: why do you prefer a wired controller to wireless?

I have a little game room and we (when friends come over) sit close enough to the TV not to need them. Plus I really hate to deal with batteries and recharging them.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Slumberland

I'm curious to hear what you think of NCAA... I've played it probably more than maybe any football game in years...maybe neck and neck with 2K5.  It's even got me paying attention to college football for the first time.

I also recommend Test Drive, which can probably be found for pretty cheap.  It's a unique game, and offers some great sightseeing.

Well right now I am just getting used to the controls and playing on Varsity. Much too easy (the AI) to get an idea of how good the game really is.  Getting ready to start a dynasty with OU and will comment more once I get a few games under my belt on AA.  One thing is for sure, the games is visually a treat to look at.

I can say NCAA is good enough that I am going to hold off on Madden07.  Same goes with NBA2K7 since CH2K7 is my most anticipated game.

Will jot down Test Drive on my to-play list. I have limited myself to one non-sports game at a time. The big advantage is that once I get to new releases like GOW, COD 3, they will have dropped in price.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Brent

There is no zoomed in camera on special teams, you also are not able to go into 3rd person mode on those plays. Do not recall seeing any on momentum plays or with a Superstar but I am only a few hours into the game.

You're breaking my will to resist.

What did you mean by "you also are not able to go into 3rd person mode on those plays"?

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2006 at 4:43pm
On defense where you can switch to the close up 3rd person view of a player to block a kick or punt by pressing a button, I think it was (Y) on the Xbox.

Resistance is futile.  So many deals on Xbox 360's will force you to join me on the darkside. Plus there are a good selection of relatively cheap games available.

I just wish someone would make a motocross game for the 360. I have not seen any mention of one yet.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-18-2006 at 3:43pm
Just picked up the Datel Transfer kit (360 version of the Action Replay)

Works just fine once you figure out the complexities of it. You have to backup the files first and then copy everything back over, along with the new file. Then once you load it to the Xbox 360 you have to COPY the file to your profile and delete the other version which is really screwy.  Lost everything I had on the memory card the first time through :(  

But I got my rosters for NCAA 07 :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>