Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MVP NCAA Baseball 07?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMVP NCAA Baseball 07?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MVP NCAA Baseball 07?
    Posted: 02-20-2007 at 8:01pm
Well,MVP 07 plays a fine game of baseball.If one already owns MVP 06,the decision to get this years' iteration hinges on how impressed you may be with the new pitching mechanic.With the mess that is the rosters,the 30 dollar question is how important Rock and Fire is to you.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2007 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Jason

Triangle & X did NOT initiate progressive scan in MVP 06.

I also popped in The Show and was surprised to see that there was no Progressive Scan option - the only option was 16:9 (Widescreen). I'll have to do some research on this.

After a quick search at OS, it seems that The Show does not support progressive scan output. It still looks great on my HDTV though.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2007 at 9:05pm
Triangle & X did NOT initiate progressive scan in MVP 06.

I also popped in The Show and was surprised to see that there was no Progressive Scan option - the only option was 16:9 (Widescreen). I'll have to do some research on this.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2007 at 7:23am
Koebner,

EA's progressive scan games are usually Square & Circle (NASCAR & MVP 2005), but I'll try Triangle & X tonight since some games use that sequence too (like Tekken 5).

I thought The Show had an actual Progressive Scan option in the options menu - I'll check tonight. I don't know why all games that support progressive scan just don't have a Progressive menu option like 2K's games and the MX series.

You're right about Tekken 5. MX vs. ATV looks much better in 480p too.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2007 at 7:08am
I think if there isn't an in-game option for prog scan you hold triangle and x.
How are you enabling it in the Show? I can't tell if it's in progressive on my end.
I have progressive enabled in the dvd options and the games that have the option in-game it makes a world of difference.Tekken 5 is night and day,and Guitar Hero2 looks alot better.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-15-2007 at 9:33pm
Thanks for the link.

I tried to find the progressive scan mode in MVP 06 tonight and couldn't find it. The usual "hold Square & Circle while the game boots" sequence didn't work.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-15-2007 at 4:56pm
I have the Xbox version,it supports 720p.I'm pretty sure PS2 version was progressive-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Progressive_Scan_PS2_Games.
I'm less certain of widescreen support.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2007 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by koebner

The lack of progressive scan/widescreen,which was in last years' version, is particularly bad.

Are you talking about the Xbox version? I didn't think the PS2 version supported either. I'll have to check tonight when I get home.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2007 at 3:14pm
Evidently the budget for this game was slashed by EA and there weren't nearly as many people working on it this time.There wasn't anyone allocated for rosters,for example.
The lack of progressive scan/widescreen,which was in last years' version, is particularly bad.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2007 at 12:26pm
EA dropped the ball with this year's MVP after they hyped the sh*t out of it. There was so much talk about how they were able to optimize the game since they only had to concentrate on the PS2, yet many of the same issues from last year's game remain (bad graphics, unsteady frame rate and imprecise analog fielding). I'm just so glad that MLB 07 The Show is just around the corner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>