Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MVP NCAA Baseball 07?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMVP NCAA Baseball 07?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MVP NCAA Baseball 07?
    Posted: 02-06-2007 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Brent

Yea I am getting a little concerned with MLB2K7 as far as Zone hitting is concerned from the interviews I have seen. 

I thought the MLB 2K series stopped using zone-batting after 2K4. Am I wrong?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-06-2007 at 10:15pm
Well my hope is brining Brinkman over from EA might create a push toward adding it back.  If I recall they threw zone batting in pretty late in development of MVP06. 

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2007 at 10:14pm
It looks like I'm gonna save some money this week as the initial impressions of MVP aren't too good. From what I hear, the game is almost exactly the same as last year's with the addition of Load & Fire pitching. I was at least hoping for an improvement in the frame rate and a minor graphical update to go along with the new pitching mechanics. It's looks like 'The Show' will be my only baseball game this year.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2007 at 6:20pm
I didn't realize that 'The Show' came out only 3 weeks later than MVP (2/27/07). I have no problem passing on this game now.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Jason

It looks like I'm gonna save some money this week as the initial impressions of MVP aren't too good. From what I hear, the game is almost exactly the same as last year's with the addition of Load & Fire pitching. I was at least hoping for an improvement in the frame rate and a minor graphical update to go along with the new pitching mechanics. It's looks like 'The Show' will be my only baseball game this year.

Ahh but you have to remember who we are talking about and the game is only shipping on one console. Knowing EA they put as little time/money as they could in the game and start plodding away at a 360 version for next year.

Effort
Avoided

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2007 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Jason

I didn't realize that 'The Show' came out only 3 weeks later than MVP (2/27/07). I have no problem passing on this game now.

Speaking of The Show...  Gametrailers had some videos and from a few days back on the PS2 version.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2007 at 11:42am
Saw this posted at GAF

Far, far from the frontlines of the sports gaming world, last week EA released MVP NCAA Baseball 2007. Underscoring the relative unimportance of this event: it is only available on PS2, and for the budget price of $29.99. This series only exists because Take Two bought the third party license of Major League Baseball. And of course, college baseball itself is a niche sport, and its popularity is extremely regional. Outside of a few traditional powers and teams in the South, few people could name a single player on their alma mater's team.

All of this is true. But I still gave them $29.99, and what did I get? Not just last year's rosters. In fact, last year's game (MVP 2006) had the rosters for the previous season. Since it was the first game in the series and roster information in the sport is comparitively hard to come by, this is somewhat understandable, if not laudatory.

This year, EA did something different. They did not update the rosters, nor did they simply plug in the rosters used in last year's game. Instead, they completely mixed them up in this manner: the roster of the team ranked #1 in last year's game (Texas) was simply transferred to the team ranked #1 in this year's game (Oregon St.), and so on down the line. So, for example, if in MVP NCAA Baseball 2007 I choose to play as the Ole Miss Rebels, I will in fact be using a team made up of the players from the 2005 Alabama Crimson Tide.

LOL

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-13-2007 at 12:26pm
EA dropped the ball with this year's MVP after they hyped the sh*t out of it. There was so much talk about how they were able to optimize the game since they only had to concentrate on the PS2, yet many of the same issues from last year's game remain (bad graphics, unsteady frame rate and imprecise analog fielding). I'm just so glad that MLB 07 The Show is just around the corner.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2007 at 3:14pm
Evidently the budget for this game was slashed by EA and there weren't nearly as many people working on it this time.There wasn't anyone allocated for rosters,for example.
The lack of progressive scan/widescreen,which was in last years' version, is particularly bad.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-14-2007 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by koebner

The lack of progressive scan/widescreen,which was in last years' version, is particularly bad.

Are you talking about the Xbox version? I didn't think the PS2 version supported either. I'll have to check tonight when I get home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>