Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Winning Eleven 07 (360) Any other takers?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWinning Eleven 07 (360) Any other takers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winning Eleven 07 (360) Any other takers?
    Posted: 02-04-2007 at 4:07pm
I have flopped back and forth on this game but I figured I would enjoy this game more than UEFA so I pre-ordered it. Plus it is only $49.99.

Just plan to rename the American squad and play a slew of World Cup type tournaments. Also an international season with the US, assuming they still have the season mode (and ability to use international teams) in it.

Doubt I will ever touch the ML due to the lack of editing in the game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-05-2007 at 6:18pm
I'm definitely getting it.  For me it's gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. WE, when we've had it available (many seem to forget there were a few years when it wasn't released in NA) has always been lacking in the superficial areas, so I'm not bitter about this release.  I'm still playing the crap out of WE9, still can't get enough, and I am looking forward to having it in 720p with all the XBL bells and whistles, as well as the subtle tweaks and adjustments to gameplay they make year to year. 

My only real worry is that the online gameplay will suffer the same kind of lagginess that WE9 Xbox exhibited.  It's a drag, but doesn't come close to killing my desire to play online.  If they don't have that ironed out, I will be disappointed, but not enough to abandon the game.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2007 at 8:35am
I plan to pick it up today.  
slippy627 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote slippy627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2007 at 11:03am
im still deciding if i should get it for ps2 and play it on ps3 or get it for 360......not being able to transfer players in the 360 version makes no sense.
My current 360 playlist: Gears of War..GRAW2..Guitar Hero 2..Dead Rising
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2007 at 7:19pm
Pretty much what I was expecting. Plays great but looks pretty meh. It does appear to have a solid framerate and the animations of the players are really fluid. Fortunately the controls are fully customizable because I have to use the triggers for man switching and sprint.

Playing on normal is much different than 3* from last year.  The CPU seems to attack more and go for more long passes into the box. Alot more offside calls against the CPU.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2007 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by slippy627

im still deciding if i should get it for ps2 and play it on ps3 or get it for 360......not being able to transfer players in the 360 version makes no sense.

I didn't know the PS2 version was just released. Is it me, or has this game received less attention than years past? I haven't even seen any reviews or previews yet. What are the main differences between this year's game and last year's game?
slippy627 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote slippy627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-09-2007 at 2:05pm
differences are........no bundesliga teams except for bayern munich....all french teams are now licensed.......their is a new world cup world cup mode.......more on the WC mode....you can do the qualifying tournaments for the north america, south america, and european regions.....panama, jamaica, bolivia, venezuela, bosnia-herzegovia, isreal, and estonia are in WC mode but you cant use them......thats about all the new things.
My current 360 playlist: Gears of War..GRAW2..Guitar Hero 2..Dead Rising
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-09-2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by slippy627

differences are........no bundesliga teams except for bayern munich....all french teams are now licensed.......their is a new world cup world cup mode.......more on the WC mode....you can do the qualifying tournaments for the north america, south america, and european regions.....panama, jamaica, bolivia, venezuela, bosnia-herzegovia, isreal, and estonia are in WC mode but you cant use them......thats about all the new things.

Thanks Slippy. I guess there aren't any new gameplay additions/changes?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-09-2007 at 8:20pm
Just picked up the PS2 version tonight...

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-09-2007 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Just picked up the PS2 version tonight...

Kevin

I'd love to hear some impressions. Last year there was a lot of interest in the PS2 version here and there doesn't seem to be much this year. I guess most people have moved onto the next-gen systems. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>