Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Batter Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBatter Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batter Up
    Posted: 03-26-2007 at 7:34pm
No sweat...  Crap happens!

I'm leaving for Florida on Friday, so it's a busy week for me.  Maybe when I get back, we'll set something up...

Take Care,

Kevin
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-26-2007 at 2:33pm

Kevin, I'm *SO* sorry for missing you.  The kids were up really late on Sat, the wife was out, it was a long day, and I just forgot. :(

I apologize, and I hope you'll give me another shot sometime!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2007 at 9:16pm
Hey Web,

I waited and searched until 10:15.  Couldn't find you...  Signing off now.

Thanks,

Kevin
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2007 at 7:25pm

Hey Web,

I'm signed up and connected for MLB 07 online...  My name is "KMosley."  I'll probably be in the Central01 room around 10.

Kevin
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 10:46pm
Sounds good!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

I actually haven't gone online with 07 yet, but I can't imagine that you have to do anything special over 06.  I've actually been playing a lot more of 2k7 lately too, as I'm still embroiled in a constant tweakfest with that game, so it may take an inning or two to get re-familiarized with the controls for me as well.  I still don't have a ps2 headset, though, so we'll have to play in silence.

How about...Saturday night?  Some time between 10pm edt and 12pm edt?

Sure, Web...  How about 10 PM Saturday night?  You're Yanks against my Tribe?

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Slumberland

I had to call it a night with the 'tweakfest' that 2K7 turned out to be.  I need simpler sliders, like "hit less home runs" and then the game would do what it needed to do behind the scenes to bring that to fruition.  There are just so many moving parts with the 2K7 hitting sliders... it really was work more than play, and had a poisonous way of demanding my attention as if THIS WOULD BE THE TIME everything finally fell into place (which it never would), and then there'd be a game that I always enjoy like Oblivion sitting on my shelf, unplayed, wondering why I spent all my time with that sexy floozy who was only going to string me along and hurt me.

Just curious, were you using the swing stick or classic batting? I found a way to trim down the home runs using classic batting and just making one of those house rules that I do not press up. I treat it as if I was zone batting using the left and right to push and pull the ball and down for the low pitches. Of course playing with a team like the Pirates helps.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 9:48am
I had to call it a night with the 'tweakfest' that 2K7 turned out to be.  I need simpler sliders, like "hit less home runs" and then the game would do what it needed to do behind the scenes to bring that to fruition.  There are just so many moving parts with the 2K7 hitting sliders... it really was work more than play, and had a poisonous way of demanding my attention as if THIS WOULD BE THE TIME everything finally fell into place (which it never would), and then there'd be a game that I always enjoy like Oblivion sitting on my shelf, unplayed, wondering why I spent all my time with that sexy floozy who was only going to string me along and hurt me.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 8:39am
I actually haven't gone online with 07 yet, but I can't imagine that you have to do anything special over 06.  I've actually been playing a lot more of 2k7 lately too, as I'm still embroiled in a constant tweakfest with that game, so it may take an inning or two to get re-familiarized with the controls for me as well.  I still don't have a ps2 headset, though, so we'll have to play in silence.

How about...Saturday night?  Some time between 10pm edt and 12pm edt?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2007 at 7:59pm
Sure, Web...  I have to find my ethernet cord first, though!  Smile

I may not be much of a challenge.  I've been doing a whole lot more pitching than hitting.  Maybe this weekend?  What's your schedule like?

Also, is there anything special I need to know to set up an account for "The Show?"

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>