Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Batter Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBatter Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batter Up
    Posted: 02-28-2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Slumberland

MLB 2K7... it's got some problems (like Joe Morgan announcing)

Had to edit that. Wink Of course I am usually into the second batter while they are talking about things "before the first pitch."

The game is a looker I will give it that.  Two things that caught my eye was the mountain backdrop at Coors field and the fountains at KC.

Fielding just seems less enjoyable without the throwing meters. MVP spoiled me I guess. The more I play with the classic batting the more I am considering trying the analog swing again. I keep trying to move the L-Stick as if I was zone batting, which of course causes issues in hitting ground balls on low pitches, at times when I need to pop one out in the outfiled to move a runner, just to give one example.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2007 at 9:35pm
IGN just posted their review of MLB 07 The Show.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2007 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Jason

"MLB 07 also features a number of new online features. For one thing, players can join online leagues of up to 30 separate teams and establish leaderboards, playoffs and other items. A player can also choose to be the commissioner of the own league, establishing separate rules and league schedules. "

Well??

I'm waiting...

Big%20smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2007 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

"MLB 07 also features a number of new online features. For one thing, players can join online leagues of up to 30 separate teams and establish leaderboards, playoffs and other items. A player can also choose to be the commissioner of the own league, establishing separate rules and league schedules. "

Well??

I'm waiting...

Big%20smile

I'll have my copy of Friday. Is anyone else interested in a small league?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2007 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by webdanzer

Well??

I'm waiting...

Big%20smile

I'll have my copy of Friday. Is anyone else interested in a small league?

If we don't have enough guys from here, let me know if you want me to ask over at DSP.  I'm definitely up for it!!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2007 at 11:11pm
I'm getting it Friday...

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-01-2007 at 7:14am
Web,

I have no problem with you asking some guys from DSP. I just don't want to have too many guys join and then drop out.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-01-2007 at 10:01am

Web,

I have no problem with you asking some guys from DSP. I just don't want to have too many guys join and then drop out.

[looks at dead hockey league]

Yeah, I hear you on that. Ouch

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-01-2007 at 9:37pm
That could be aimed at me...  And rightfully so, I might add...  EmbarrassedOuch  Apologies for my past transgressions.

For the record, I have stuck with my OOTP league, and we're in the second season.  I definitely have more free time this year.  But, if you guys think I'm not reliable enough, I certainly understand, and I'm cool with it.  Lord knows I've given you reason...  I won't be upset if you don't want me "in."

Thanks,

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-01-2007 at 9:42pm
Kevin,

I wasn't referring to you at all and am glad that you're interested in the league (I was hoping you would be). I just don't like when a league thread is posted and 30 guys sign up and less than half of them play their games.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>