Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Batter Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBatter Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batter Up
    Posted: 03-02-2007 at 12:17pm
Sorry, Jason - I didn't mean to imply that I thought your comment was directed at me.  I was just saying you certainly would be right if talking about me.  I directed it at myself!

Thanks for letting me in.  I had great fun playing with you guys.  I'll just have to do better at making time to play, and hopefully I'll be able to!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-02-2007 at 2:10pm
Time's been tight for me too lately. I haven't played an online game since early December.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2007 at 11:58am
I played my first two games of MLB 07 The Show and came away with mixed feelings.

On the positive side, the fielding controls feel much better and first the first time, I feel as though I'm controlling my infielders. I like how the outfielders "lock onto" the ball when you get them in position (just like in MVP) and I'm thrilled that an "Assisted" baserunning option was finally added.

On the negative side, the slowdown is really bothering me and the graphics don't look as sharp as last year. I've unsuccessfully tried using different fielding views (high and low both suck) and even tried using the behind-the-pitcher camera to see if it would eliminate the slowdown. It's a shame because it's ruining an otherwise excellent game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2007 at 9:21pm
I just listed my copy of MLB 07 for sale on Amazon.com. The slowdown and graininess of 07 was just so bad when compared to MLB 06. I played back-to-back games of MLB 07 and MLB 06 to compare the two and couldn't believe what a step backwards 07 took in frame rate and graphics.

What a damn shame Angry.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2007 at 9:43pm
Yikes!  I haven't opened mine yet...  Is it THAT bad?

Is it no go for the league?

Kein
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2007 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Kein

It was horrible on my slim PS2 connected with component cables to my widescreen HDTV and was slightly better on my older PS2 connected to a 32" standard TV through an S-video cable. I'd much rather save the money and play 06 which looks far better than 07 on both of my TV's.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-03-2007 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Jason

It was horrible on my slim PS2 connected with component cables to my widescreen HDTV and was slightly better on my older PS2 connected to a 32" standard TV through an S-video cable. I'd much rather save the money and play 06 which looks far better than 07 on both of my TV's.

Soon you will follow over to the dark side.  Enjoy both graphics and gameplay on your HDTV...

I think 3 games is the farthest I have ever gone in a baseball dynasty. Embarrassed  Now I plan to finish a 162 game season playing every game. Even if I do end up 0-162 with the Pirates. Cry

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2007 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

I just sold mine so I'm out of the league.

Kevin, what did you decide to do with your copy? It appears that the slowdown issue doesn't affect everybody.

Brent, I don't like 2K's gameplay, so it wouldn't matter how good the game looked. Maybe next year Confused.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2007 at 4:31pm
I'm only getting it very rarely! (once!) It's too bad you were seeing so much of it, Jason.  :(
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2007 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

I'm only getting it very rarely! (once!) It's too bad you were seeing so much of it, Jason.  :(

Web,

I got it on 9 out of 10 plays and couldn't force myself to accept it when a perfectly smooth MLB 06 was still sitting on my self. It's a shame because I was starting to get the hang of the new baserunning controls and really enjoyed the enhanced fielding controls.

One other thing that I noticed: The MLB series always seemed to have this line that ran across the middle of the screen and in this years version, that lower area always seemed to be very grainy and pixelated. It's hard to explain, but I'll see if I can find a screenshot somewhere. Has anyone else noticed this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>