Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Batter Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBatter Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batter Up
    Posted: 03-04-2007 at 4:41pm
9 out of 10 plays.  Yowsa, I agree; that is totally unacceptable.

Damn it!  I was looking forward to gaming with you guys again. 

If I decide that there is a decently playable game inside 2k7, I'll have to start bugging you to do the 360 upgrade again! ;)
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2007 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

9 out of 10 plays.  Yowsa, I agree; that is totally unacceptable.

Damn it!  I was looking forward to gaming with you guys again. 

If I decide that there is a decently playable game inside 2k7, I'll have to start bugging you to do the 360 upgrade again! ;)

If the 360 had above-average football and baseball games, I'd be right there with you.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-04-2007 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Jason

If the 360 had above-average football and baseball games, I'd be right there with you.

Well there is always The Biggs...  Have not heard anything about that game for quite some time.  Honestly MLB 2K7 is not bad once you tweak it a little (I find it a bit too heavy on HR's myself). In theory, after reading the manual the classic batting is pretty similar to zone batting, without calling it zone batting.  While the up/down can influence the type of hit they describe that for the optimum result in a swing, aiming toward where the ball is would be beneficial.

I think it said something like if you have a right handed hitter and the ball was pitched up and away, moving the L-Analog stick Up and to the Right would be the optimum swing.

Keep the PS2 for the baseball game and get a 360 for what is to come this fall. I really think this is the breakout year for next gen football games. First NCAA/MADDEN to simultaneously release on the PS3 & 360. Plus the APF2K8 game from 2Ksports.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 12:02am

Originally posted by K_Mosley

Yikes!  I haven't opened mine yet...  Is it THAT bad?

Is it no go for the league?

I just sold mine so I'm out of the league.

Kevin, what did you decide to do with your copy? It appears that the slowdown issue doesn't affect everybody.

Brent, I don't like 2K's gameplay, so it wouldn't matter how good the game looked. Maybe next year Confused.

That is crazy that the Show ran so bad for you...it is pretty much rock solid for me and looks as least as good as 06.
The gameplay is much improved with hit variety,AI logic,etc.
As a long time MVP guy,I was underwhelmed with last years' Show,but this years' game is quite good.
I will be playing both games this season.

On a side note,I have played MLB2K7 on Xbox and while it doesn't seem broken,like last years' game,it doesn't hold up to the Show or MVP. 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 7:16am
I don't understand how The Show can run fine for some people and have so many issues for others - it's not like I'm super-sensitive to framerate issues either. What's worse is that I had the game run bad on two different PS2's. I though about holding onto it in case Sony released some sorta update but will settle for 06 for now.
wpw721 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote wpw721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 1:11pm

I don't understand how The Show can run fine for some people and have so many issues for others - it's not like I'm super-sensitive to framerate issues either. What's worse is that I had the game run bad on two different PS2's. I though about holding onto it in case Sony released some sorta update but will settle for 06 for now.

It's running fine for me. I have a slimline PS2, don't know if that makes any difference.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wpw721

It's running fine for me. I have a slimline PS2, don't know if that makes any difference.

That's what drives me crazy - it plays fine for some people and not others. What type of connection (composite, S-video, component) and TV (standard, HDTV) do you guys have your PS2's connected to and what type of PS2 do you have (slim or fat)?
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 5:38pm

That's what drives me crazy - it plays fine for some people and not others. What type of connection (composite, S-video, component) and TV (standard, HDTV) do you guys have your PS2's connected to and what type of PS2 do you have (slim or fat)?

I am using a really new slimline PS2 and playing over Monster component cables connected to a Sony Wega CRT HDTV.
Maybe it has something to do with newer versus older or worn disc drives?
I can hear the disc whirring in the PS2,moreso than other games-perhaps it has to read more from the disc or some such.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 7:50pm
MLB 07 actually played better on my older PS2 (10/2001) connected with a Sony S-Video cable to a 32" standard TV than it did on my slim PS2 (12/2004) connected with a Sony component cable to my widescreen Wega HDTV. I've also never had any problems with either of my PS2's playing any other game.

Maybe I am super-sensitive to framerate issues Confused.
wpw721 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote wpw721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by koebner

[QUOTE=Jason]I don't understand how The Show can run fine for some people and have so many issues for others - it's not like I'm super-sensitive to framerate issues either. What's worse is that I had the game run bad on two different PS2's. I though about holding onto it in case Sony released some sorta update but will settle for 06 for now.

Connection= S-video
TV =HDTV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>